1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Lectron for '12 WR300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Scott Goodman, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Scott Goodman Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna WR300
    Hey guys! Been getting my '12 WR300 ready for the season, and am very interested in the Lectron carb for it! I Have read many discussions about it, but have yet to read where anyone is actually using it!
    I have a pretty basic motor setup: Rekluse, FMF Gnarly & Q4 Silencer, and I run premium pump gas. Still using the Mikuni carb, with mixed results (it's been jetted properly also). My problem is I love the power of the motor, but when getting on the pipe there is really no in-between, it's either lugging or ripping tons of earth. For my kind of racing, mainly Harescrambles and GNCC, would really like to get the bike a LOT smoother in transition.
    Have been talking to Motosportz on the Lectron, and was recommended to get the 36mm, but my bike came with a 38mm? Anyone out there in CafeHusky land give me a shout if you've been using one on your beastly 300 and give me the skinny please :confused:
  2. Long_Stroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR300, 2013 WR144, 2020 FE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    1996 DR350, 2002 Aprilia Caponord
    I started to install mine on my 2011 300. The throttle cable housing is too long so I cut half an inch off the housing at the grip end without taking it apart (very carefully with a dremel tool). I need to cut another half inch to make the slide close all the way. I ran out of time to finish the job and then it snowed another foot. I'll get back to it in the next couple evenings.

I think there will be throttle cables available from Motosportz soon that will be modified to work without fussing. I'm using the metal Mikuni elbow at the carb which goes into the carb cable stop/adjuster. Thought about not using the elbow but the cable is pretty bent at the top of the carb without it.
  3. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 yz250f 08yz85 11ktm 65 09 ktm65
    Haven't used the lextron,But I had the same problem as you when I first got mine,on or off. I switched to the pwk and it made it more powerful and a very smooth hit,actually able to get great traction now. I didn't know about the lextron when I ordered the pwk.I still don't know If I'd order it yet if i knew. Like you said not enough actual users yet.
  4. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Been using it for about a month now and absolutely love it.Works better than any modified mikuni or kiehin.If i knew about this carb a long time ago it would have the first thing I bought for my wr 250.I was going to make my bike into a 300 but now as the LECTRON give it way more power every where with now hit just smooth torque.
  5. Scott Goodman Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna WR300
    Great to hear about the results! Did you also have to modify your throttle cable?
  6. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Aside from the goody factor, I just cant seem to wrap my head around getting one of these. I really wish I could ride a WR with one to see the difference. My power never hits abruptly with the stock carb. It pulls and pulls and i love it.
  7. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes I cut about an inch off the outer sheeth for now .New cables soon from Motosportz a site sponsor here.You'll love it.
  8. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Your really missing out and I'm not just saying that.It is money better spent than buying a pipe or having a head mod.IMHO.
    wallybean and TROFFER88 like this.
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I can't speak to the 250/300, but the lectron adds so much to the equation for my 165 that it should be amplified all the more for the bigger bore. Way more and smoother power! Far more efficient- at least 20% less fuel used in any situation. I am netting over 30%, checked everyday over 7 rides compared to the same riding from last year all other things being equal. I averaged 28.8 mpg for the trip vs less than 21 last year. The metering rod does such a great job of sensing and supplying only the needed fuel for the engines demands that I couldn't tell with my butt dyno any difference between the 36 and 38 mm lectron other than at the very top. I was consistantly able to ride 1 to 2 gears higher in all situations and still accelerate and climb effortlessly. This should be even more true in the big bore.
  10. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Alright. Dang it. Now Im starting to want one. Why did i ask haha...
  11. Scott Goodman Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna WR300
    With all the praise, I'm in! Gonna order tomorrow :D Hope they get a new cable soon, so I don't have to mod mine!
  12. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I talked to Kevin this evening and he has motion pro working on it right now. Should be available pretty soon.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Good info here, thanks :thumbsup:

First off you don't need a cable, the ones shipping now have it sorted out with the smaller top mount. But... the stock cable is simply to short stock. Lots of people change it just because it makes life way EZer regardless of new carb or not. I don't know why huskys have such sort throttle cables. The KTM stock one is 2 inches longer (and works on the husky if you like). So yes it will fit but yes it will be tight. The right answer is to get a cable from me, Lectron Motosportz Mike, KTM, whatever.

Performance. Well my customers keep calling me to rave about it. Thats good. :>) Same story, more power everywhere and in many cases GOBS more on top, even with the 36. Everyone says smoother power. IMHO this is because the single metering device verses thee overlapping stages in a typical carb. Feels responsive, clean, crisp, consistent, reliable, fast. Oh and guess what, everyone is getting about 20% plus MPG better!!! This is why I started raving about this thing. Glad everyone else feels the same. Lectron has done a really nice job upgrading this nice simple design. It has always been fast on top and a drag racers choice, and I can see why, but better throttle response and smoother running too? Farking cool. :D

My 165 has never has so much top end. Seems to rev forever where before it kinda signed off (same pipe and everything).

fun.
  14. duey Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 ktm xc 2008 ktm 250 sx
    Received 36mm lectron for 09 wr 250 today Next up ktm 300 n sx 250 keihin's were good but this should be idiot proof time saved
  15. Scott Goodman Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna WR300
    Checked your website but didn't see any throttle cables, would love to order the carb and cable together if I can. :) Nevermind, just seen the link to Motosportz Husqvarna, I'll give 'em a call tomorrow for the cable!
  16. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Good to hear you like it so much Walt. Your testing is always so comprehensive, RPMs, MPG etc.:thumbsup:
  17. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Kinda funny-
    I'm new to small bores and didn't come up through the ranks with a 125-144 but had ridden a couple at the China Hat Demo-Get Together. The only small bore I had ridden to any extent was my 165 and knew the top end fairly well. When I first put the Lectron on I started to realize- this thing doesn't want to quit on top- kinda scared me at first to tell the truth. I wasn't sure about the "jetting" and was worried that she might blow, seize, come apart-whatever. But after a couple of plug chops, I let her rip- Yup- "seems to rev forever" is the best way to put it.
  18. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    So for eastern enduro and a pro circuit works pipe and slip on, what setup would you recommend and can you give me a $$ ballpark for such setup? I looked at your site and I dont know if Id need a 38 or what...
  19. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    36mm on my 2fitty blows the stock 38mikuni out the atmosphere,and that aint no joke jack!
  20. everfree Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    86 430AE (2), 88 430AE, 87 430WR (2)
    Other Motorcycles:
    87 250 XC, 87 430 CR, '17 GG 300
    I like what I'm hear about the Lectron.
    I ride from el 500 ft up to 7,500 ft. I don't like messing with jets and needles.

I wonderi if it would work on my 87 430 with a 38mm Mikuni ? I'd like to ride the 430 more often.
    Has anyone put one on an older Husky?
    Thanks.
    Dave
    2premo and Kevin_TE250 like this.