Lectron from Sea Level to 12,700 feet

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by firebolter, Aug 9, 2013.

1. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    13TE300Berg,07KTM525EXC,13 HusWR165
    Bike---2013 Husaberg TE300
    Lectron set up .25 turn leaner on the needle than as delivered.
    PJ set to 1 turn open from 1.5 turns open as delivered

With the bike set up as above, it runs great from sea level to 3500 feet where I usually ride. Starts easy, crisp throttle response and no spooge once I got the PJ dialed in.

I had a JD Jet kit in the stock Keihin and that set up was awesome also, but the Lectron was more seamless across the powerband so I ended up leaving the Lectron on the bike once I got it all dialed in.

Now comes my trip to Colorado last week with some buds. I called Kevin and he told me to just go to Colorado and try as is before I mess with any settings. We get to Colorado and the others re-jet their bikes. I start mine and she fires right up, so we go for a 1st day tuning ride to let everyone get the bikes dialed in and get our bodies acclimated. My bike runs good down low but has a slight blubber as I get to the mid range. If I slowly roll the throttle on it will power through it, but if I blip, it stumbles some then gets past it.

I adjust the PJ on the trail and turn it down to .75 turns out. It seemed to be better and I finished up the ride like that. When we got back, I fueled up the bike and got it ready for the next day as we would start full 60-90 mile rides.

Next morning before we pull out, I decide to turn the PJ down just 1/8th more ending up at 5/8th of a turn out and WOW what a difference. I hit FLag Creek and was running along on 3rd gear and the power (albeit somewhat less than normal at sea level to 3K feet) was back to the "seamless" power I was used to at home. Would lift the front wheel with a blip, reved right up and clean from idle to top end. So for the rest of the week, my bike just ran awesome. 65 mile ride and I used 2.1 gallons of gas. Consistent performance and gas mileage all week. My buddies said my bike did not smoke at all and sounded great riding behind me.

The other 2 smokers fiddled with jetting all week trying to get theirs right (and finally got theirs pretty close but they smoked and spooged), I had to adjust a screw and took 1 minute with my fingers......too easy. Didn't even have to take my gloves off! Love that. No smoke, no spooge and ripped once I got it right.

Well now I am back home, so I turned the PJ screw back out to 1 full turn. Washed and detailed the bike when I got home, hit the starter and she fired right up, clean running and ready for Hatfield's in a couple of weeks.

So I went from sea level to as high as 12,700 feet on Pearl Pass and Star with only having to adjust the PJ, needle was fine as is. That alone makes the Lectron worth the 300 bucks. No more jets and I can go ride anywhere with a simple adjustment and now I know exactly how to adjust for future trips. Me likee.
  2. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    I have also turned closed up the pj with the same results. I'll probably never get that high in elev but glad to know it works good way up high. I bet you made believers out of your buddies.
  3. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

The more I read about these carbs, the more I'm praying the 4 smoke variant is just as good.