1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc lectron good(thus far).

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by shawbagga, Dec 14, 2013.

1. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    wow you blokes weren't BS'n with these things. finally got off my arse & put the 38 I had in a box for the past 9 months for the 300 on the 125 & damn it seems pretty bloody good. only rode it up & down the street & around the back yard but no bog, feels more responsive & a much more linear type power I guess youd say. taking her out tomorrow for a good test run so will see how it fairs after that. Kelly sent it to me set up for the 300 with a hi comp head/gnarly pipe. PJ is at 1.5 turns out(havnt done a plug chop yet-1.5 turns out sound ok?), idle seems ok maybe a little low(how do you get a screwdriver at it?), has the ms-3 needle(didn't measure its height/depth though-where should it be at?). cant really see an issue with choke knob on wrong side, was easy enough to get to. fired on second or third kick with choke on. love that see through bowl-factory! was a tight fit, slightly deforming the airboot so it now just touches the shock(silicone an old bit of inner tube to protect it). stock throttle cable wasn't long enough to let slide right down so swapped them(lucky I ordered the motion pro longer cable with it!). never received the little rubber weather/dirt boot that goes over the elbow on top of the carb where adjuster is so just used a little bit of silicone to seal. overall very happy so far with the limited riding I did(missus cracked it after 15mins riding around the backyard-sook!). if its as good tomorrow all round & I get any sort of fuel saving ill be stoked. i know you guys are proably sick of reading this type of post but I was genuinely impressed with this carb & wanted to pass on my excitement. cheers Kelly
  2. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    It's always cool to try some new gadget on yer bike.
    Have a good ride tomorrow.
  3. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    Who cares about the choke knob on the other side
    i never use it with the lectron unless i want to fog the whole street

for me if it was not there I would not miss it

and yes the lectron is truly a big improvement on the bike
    (I truly believe it would be on an improvement on any bike)

Robert-Jan
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I will be sending your 165 kit to Kelly on Monday. You are in for a big surprise when you mount that up with the lectron. :thumbsup:
    shawbagga likes this.
  5. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    i took delivery of one yesterday for my wr360, the mikuni carb was just about there i had dropped 6 main jet sizes an 4 pilot jets to lean her up a bit the stock settings were mahoosive! still as soon as i shoehorned the lectron in there didnt fire up for a good few kicks think i woke it up to quick out of the box.

so a few more jabbs and she fired up with choke on.
    i use the choke an no throttle to start then choke comes off, flat out refuses to start with choke off when cold.
    and yes these are awesome and yes believe the hype as she sounds throatyer constant throttle speeds are a joy no badoom bom boom rolling off the throttle and no surges in power, liner grunt the whole way. usable wheely power fantastic.
    should of dropped the dosh earlyer before i started jetting mikuni

Thank you kelly
    Myles Walshe likes this.
  6. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    well pumped out 100km of mixed riding today(tight singey/ 2-3 gear trails/WFO fireroad & hillclimbs) & ill be damned only used 7 litres of juice, 7 litres man!!! did similar type riding last weekend with mikuni for 100km & tank was bone dry before we got home-even laid her on her side to get last bit out of right side of tank for another 2km then me mate had to come pick me up haha. not sure how much better it will be at WFO for a tankful but seems unreal for general trailriding. was slack & didn't do a plug chop before the ride today but she ran awesome. when we got back to the car I did run her hard WFO from first through fourth & held it on for a few seconds(felt sorry for her the poor thing so not too long) then clutched it & killed it. washed her this afternoon & removed plug-yep you guessed it-chocolate brown!!! never seen a plug that looked so pretty. if I had a picture of it youd frame it, hang it on ya wall & aspire to get all future plugs looking just like it it was so perfect. yeah it definitely sounds a bit meatier, constant throttle speeds much better & no surging. way more linear. seems to be a little bit better(more torque) off the bottom too. has a slight hesitation/bog occasionally right off idle(only did it a few times) like its run out of fuel for a split second. thoughts? metering rod/needle height? am gonna change the plug & see if any change as still running the original(20+ hours) which was all black & oily from mikuni rich jetting before today. even so was extremely impressed with its performance & thoroughly enjoyed riding my bike today because of it. cant believe i waited so long to put this carb on-im an idiot. as soon as I can afford another & get the 165 kit paid up youll be getting some more money from me Kelly for a 36 maybe 38 for the 300. awesome carb-stoked!
    juicypips likes this.
  7. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Shawbagga, if it runs good don't do any adjusting. I remember Kelly writing about a similar problem and it ended up being the power valve setting not the carb. Pull the pipe and power valve cover and make sure the adjusting bolt is in the middle.
  8. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    i have been reading the experiences about the lectron and frankly I am confused. When I replaced my mikuni with the keihin and jetted it properly I got the same experiences people(or so I thought) are describing with my new keihin. What am I missing?

edit....I do however feel like 'I get sucky gas mileage(like 22 mpg in tight trails) though other than that my keihins beed great.
  9. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    With the Lectron you get more torque of the bottom smooth power for bottom to top and consistency. 5 to 10 mph trail pace nets me 30 mpg. I put the stack tank back on....
    Motosportz likes this.
  10. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Huh,The extra gas mileage alone immediately convinces me to switch. I ride with a bunch of guys on ktm 300's and it always seems like I hit reserve while they are still half a tank or more
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    First of THANK YOU GUYS. I appreciate you trusting me and send me money... thank YOU.

Bagga, Your carb as you know has the rod I designed (MS3) and it is more for the 125 class bikes. The 250 and 300 I feel might run better with the 3-1xl rod. Might be the slight bog you are experiencing as these are leaner initially. Stoked you finally tried it and liked it. Iand yes onthe MPG, most everyone is reporting FAR better milage. Smooth power, nice response, very reliable performance over elevation and temps, and great MPG is what is to be expected. Let me know if you want another one for your 300 and I'll make you a good deal. Thanks a lot for the report.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

I have talked a few people out of buying these from me. This is not some voodoo crazy magic, just a really good reliable carb that brings a few cool things to the table. If you bike runs fantastic for you the only real reason to get on would be MPG and usually much less finicky to elevation and temps as well as being EZ to adjust.

I have a customer who got one from me for a YZ250. Now IMHO most YZ250's run fantastic stock. They are an EZ motor to make run good and come with a well setup carb. I was afraid he would not find any big gains. He said he still wanted to. He reported back it gave him a more powerful quicker reving motor and said it was perfect for his MX needs.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

My bike always need the choke and no gas to start then take the choke right off. thank YOU.
    shawbagga and 454x like this.
  14. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    mpg is a huge factor for me because I have it plated too and the bike doubles as a duel sport sometimes in the summer.

That alone will convince me to switch this spring sometime. Do you need a new throttle cable or can you use the existing one? Also, I assume theres a jetting thread on it somewhere?
  15. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    You need to buy the motion pro with 90 degree bend and inline adjuster that Kelly sales.
    shawbagga likes this.
  16. GusG Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR250 Motard.
    Hi guys,

I'm 3 weeks into owning my 1st 2 stroke (in motard trim and a daily commuter). I have had several more experienced riders AMAZED at the ease of starting and STRRROOOONNNGGGG pull from this bike from idle to mental
    Lectron Carb = easy use for a noob like me and big votes from guys first seeing/feeling it!!

Just my 2 cents worth ... :thumbsup:
    shawbagga likes this.
  17. GusG Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR250 Motard.
    ps ... my fuel economy is hopeless 'cause I cant stay off the gas ! :D My right hand has a problem!!!
    454x likes this.
  18. surfingboyo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR165XC
    what is the cause when it sort of surges and revs on a bit when you roll off the throttle…?
    i experienced that a bit with my first ride using the lectron.
    i haven't played with the power jet adjustment yet.
  19. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    too lean? I am totally talking out of school though :D
  20. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    will check pv when I pull the pipe to replace stock rad hoses with cr type ones(no thermostat) soon & replace plug which may be the culprit.