1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Lectron installation

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by MatMann, May 17, 2013.

1. MatMann Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 WR125
    just fitting up the lectron to my 2013 Wr125 and ran across this issue

the throttle cable is a little too long and doesn't screw or attach to the Carb other than the knob at the end, am I missing something or is my throttle cable different, and if so how do I fix it?

Attached Files:

2. slo rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 YZ250
    I had the same problem with my 2009. You'll want the cable off a newer KTM 250 (I went with a 2008).
  3. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    There should be an adjustment mid cable somewhere, and the brass piece on top of the carb is also an adjustment.... between the two, I got all the slack out of mine, and it is just right...

I have an 09 so, they may be a bit different..
  4. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Like Blake said, you can get the slack out if you adjust at all the adjustment points close to all the way out. I think Motosportz is selling a custom Motion Pro cable with a 90 degree elbow at the carb end. My 09 WR250 has the stock cable and works fine once adjusted out at both ends.
  5. AUSKY Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE510 96 WR125 00 WR360 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 XR250 83 YZ 490
    There is also adjustment at the throttle housing using the circular knurled nut at the end of the cable.
  6. Aviduser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 cr 165
    Anyone find a way to seal the housing where it meets the carb or is it not worthwhile?
  7. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    I got a black rubber "weather seal" that slips over the throttle cable and threaded piece in the top of the carb. It came in the box with the lectron.
    Blakelpd5 likes this.
  8. Aviduser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 cr 165
    Hmm I got no such peice. With the carb or revised throttle cable. Wonder what would suffice.
  9. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    You can purchase some heat shrink tubing at auto parts stores,slip it over the cable before installing the cable in carb. After installing the cable and adjusting it,slip the heat shrink over the cable and fitting in the carb,use a hair dryer or heat gun ,watch it shrink around the fitting and cable-done!
  10. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    I had to tape mine up on a recent out-of-town trip. Where I normally ride tends to be pretty dry, but where we went was quite damp. Water was seeping in along the cable and dripping onto the slide, eventually causing it to hang up. I put tape around the cable so it would fit in the adjuster snugly, then tape around the cable and adjuster, then slid the rubber piece over it and taped it some more. I was out to make sure it wouldn't be an issue any more that trip :lol:
  11. MatMann Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 WR125
    Well I adjusted the slack out but what worries me is that there is nothing actually holding the cable to the carb so in pic2 I just pull the cable and the slide moves. That's not good, am I right in thinking that all you guys have done is just heat shrink or tape. Little frustrated thb. Unless here in Aus we have a different cable, I would of though a product sold to husky owners would have a better solution than heat shrink or tape.

Attached Files:

12. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    that rubber boot should hold it in place good enough... it goes OVER the brass part on the top of the carb. It is a tight fit. I had to spit on it to get it on! :D
  13. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    And it looks like you have an extra piece on the end of your cable from your last carb... The end of the cable should act as the male part, and slide down into the top of the carb acting as the female part. They don't just simply sit on top of eachother...
    huskybear likes this.
  14. make meh samich Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    1980 honda z50
    Yep I agree. The bit shouldn't be there.
    My cable is sitting all the way in. Cable was way long even with maxed
    adjusters. I lathed a little spacer insert to go inside the brass adjuster on top
    of carb. Only about 8 mm long but adjusters are more centred and cable
    still sits inside by a reasonable amount.
  15. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    You could safety wire the cable housing to the brass adjuster on the carb and then heat shrink it. That would be the safest way I can think of to prevent a throttle hang if something jerked on the cable housing.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Call Lectron and tell them you did not get that cable boot and they will send you one.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep.
  18. MatMann Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 WR125
    Finally get the bike back together after a few weeks in bits and as I was packing up the boxes around the place, find that missing cable boot........ Dammit...
    huskybear likes this.
  19. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I just got my custom Motion Pro cable from Lectron and it really is a better set up. The cable is secure at both ends which means that even if it catches on something it cant pull your throttle WFO. There is a 90 degree elbow at the carb end that prevents the cable from getting kinked in the tight spot between the top of the carb and the frame. A different carb top bushing is sold with the cable for a perfect match. I wish they would have had this when I ordered my Lectron, it would have saved me some time of retro fitting and I could have got the carb with the correct top bushing from the beginning and saved a few bucks.
  20. MatMann Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 WR125
    Is the cable bit longer than the standard?