Lectron on my 02 CR250 - Success again

Discussion in 'Motosportz' started by Motosportz, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Its no secret that I love these carbs. Just installed on on my very good running 02 CR250 I have setup for the NW gnar. Yep, just like other Lectron installs, runs perfect, starts EZer, smoother power, more power, way more responsive, lugs better, runs crisp all the time, never loads up, much better MPG, does not care about elevation or temps. Love it. Made an already great motor that much better. Was smiling all day on my gnar ride yesterday.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/next-project-2002-cr250.39394/page-9

[IMG]
    mkfox and 454x like this.
  2. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

What needle are you running in the 250s?
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Its called a rod in these carbs. 3-1xl. have 2 others to try but after yesterdays results not sure I want to as I'm not sure how it could run any better.
    mkfox likes this.
  4. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Gotcha -- Kevin sent me the MS-3 but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Just curious! Nice build.
    Motosportz likes this.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    This bike makes such sweet power now. These 02 CR250's are known to have one of the best husky 250 motors ever and the Lectron just made it better. Not sure what the spacer and V-force 3 do for it as they were installed before i got the bike but they will stay as the package as is makes amazing power everywhere. That mixed with the brand new trials tire made yesterdays gnar ride so EZ and fun. Was taking the ridiculous harder line just because I could.
  6. mkfox Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    1973 Greeves Griffon
    +1 on a 02 WR with 3-1xl. Can't imagine one running any better.:banana:
  7. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    So do you have some settings sweet spot for the two strokes you send them shipped as(mine is a wr300)?I would buy it blindly if so but need to sell my keihin first. My Keihin has been decent but theres still sometimes a flat spot in the middle that seems to come and go, drives me batty because everytime I think its figured out it seems to come back. Also would a I need a new throttle cable?
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    As you might know we have done a lot of research and changes to these carbs and they are not your off the shelf Lectrons. Lectron builds these to spec for us, machined down to fit right, overflow hoses relocated, Viton bowl gaskets, adjustable PJ, remote chokes on some, custom designed rods for some, etc. These carbs are excellent for elevation and temperature changes as in they deal with it better than any carb I have ever used. Zero issues from 50-8600 feet and 25-90 degrees in my personal testing. Its one of the many great features of these carbs. I run them on all my bikes (165 husky/CR250 husky/ XC500 husky) and don't feel like going back to standard carbs ever. EZ to tune, excellent response, nice smooth power, better MPG, seems impervious to water, the clear bowl is very useful to see fuel levels and if there is fuel, etc. Very EZ to tune for different setups and very flexible to conditions and modifications to your bike. I'm not blowing smoke here, we have sold over 200 of these now and nothing but happy customers and lots of repeat customers several buying more than 2 from me. I have literally had like 2 people not be wild over them. I feel 100% confident in these carbs and our configuration of them. These are setup to bolt on and run. That said it might take some slight adjustment to optimizes them or get them more in range for your particular bike but that is easy and no additional parts need, just adjusting what's there. You can make your throttle cable work but it is not 100% right and hard to get all the freeplay out. We have a new cable that works perfectly and is longer giving options for routing and tall bar setups. the stock cable is short as is. Email me if you are interested and I'll set you up.

motosportz@gmail.com

Thanks
    Kelly
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Mine runs 96% percent perfect. I am playing with some rod combos to try and extract that last 4% as it is my job and I like sorting these out. I have a semi custom rod I am trying next ride. I am totally nit picking here and my bike starts way EZer, and runs way better than the stock carb ever hoped to.
    454x likes this.
  10. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    I really need to scrounge the money for this. With a 3.4 IMS tank I have already ran out of gas twice and countless times hit the reserve. I estimate I am getting low 20's for gas mileage.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

My milage did not increase as much on this 250 as it did on my 165. I was getting about 22-23 now about 26. But that still a free 10 miles.
  12. jimjim Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    gasgas
    Everytime I read this thread I am one step closer to getting one of these carbs for my 02 cr 250.
  13. mkfox Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    1973 Greeves Griffon
    I just mad my Lectron so much better this week and didn't even touch it. Well, not really. But runs so much better with replacing a very worn out piston though.
    Motosportz likes this.