1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Lectron---problem getting cable slack

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by venturini, Jul 24, 2013.

1. venturini Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TC 250 '13 CR 150 '11 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 KTM 250 XC
    Installed the Lectron with what I believed was the "special order" cable (though it doesn't look like the cable in the "custom cables" thread----there's no elbow and it only has adjusters on the top and bottom and is only about 1/2 longer than the stock CR 125 cable) I called Lectron but they are closed the 24-26th for retooling. Honestly, I think I got the wrong cable because the T3 10-3001 on Motion Pro's web site is the number for their standard length KTM 2T T3 cable.

Problem is I can't get any cable slack with the stock cable or the T3 cable that came with it. I got a SLIGHT amount of play when I removed the lock nut from the carb end of the T3 cable but not enough. I eventually took the T3 +4 inch cable (10-3000) off of a KTM and can now get enough slack to run it but not nearly the recommended amount.

Anybody else have an issue with getting cable slack with the Lectron?

Since Lectron is now closed for 3 days, I guess I can kiss my chances of using the CR for the next race goodbye unless somehow I can figure out what I need and get it directly from Motion Pro but that's not going to be here in time either most likely.
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

You are probably stuck unless you want to do some modification of the carb cable holder. By drilling it deeper you can gain a little slack so that you can probably use it but the holder will be compromised for future use. Just a thought to get you going now.
  3. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Did you try the stock cable.
  4. venturini Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 KTM 250 XC
    tried the stock cable first--no slack.

I was thinking of putting a nut on the adjuster at the carb end of the cable and cutting off about 1/8 of the threads---that is how much thread is showing when the adjuster bottoms out on the carb top when I took the lock nut off of the T3 cable that came with the carb.

So did you guys get an off-the-shelf T3 10-3001 (standard length KTM cable) or did yours have the elbow and third adjuster?
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  6. PineapplePicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Harley-Davidson FXSTI
    Venturini what is the length of that T3 cable you got? Mine measured 42-1/2 inches end to end. I haven't installed my Lectron and T3 (10-3001) yet so I'm curious if I"ll run into the same problem.
  7. venturini Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 KTM 250 XC
    42 5/8 from end to end----42 1/4 not including the ball ends. So evidently the cable that they are sending is indeed just the off-the-shelf T3 KTM standard length cable. I got some slack using an extra T3 KTM +4 inch cable I was keeping as a spare so the 10-3001 is useless to me at this point---hoping I can send it back and use that money toward another 10-3000 (+4 inch) cable

I had to get a new throttle housing because of the Domino throttle recall but the parts that Husq sent didn't work--they sent the top half of the housing, the white wheel, and brass bushing but the top housing wouldn't bolt up to the stock bottom half so rather than stay with the recalled throttle assembly I went with a left over two year old Domino housing from Parts Unlimited.

I'm wondering if part of the issue is that new housing not being in spec---it worked with the stock cable and carb but if the female part where the cable threads into is too long then that could be the issue. I've threaded the cable all the way into the throttle housing and looked inside the housing and it appears that there is 1/8 to 1/4 inch of threads left that could be used but aren't used because the cable lock nut bottoms out against the housing. I filed the housing a bit because I noticed it wasn't flat where the cable lock nut meets it---perhaps I will take a bit more off or use a slimmer lock nut to get more space.

I've e-mailed Kevin at Lectron and left a voice mail but still no response.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    He is out of town but should check your Email. I will try to ping him on this as well.
    PineapplePicker likes this.
  9. PineapplePicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Harley-Davidson FXSTI
    Let me know what you guys find out.
    Thanks
    R