1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Lectrons biggest fan!!!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by make meh samich, May 16, 2013.

1. make meh samich Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    1980 honda z50
    So I laid down the hard earned and would do it again.
    I've always done the spanner work on my bikes, but have never learned how to tune a carby (or suspension valving).
    My 13 model ran more like an 80cc, but this arvo it became a 125 again.
    With no tuning experience I got it to near perfect in an hour. It's sooooo easy.
    First I tried to get it to settle quickly to idle, but it would always fast idle then drop after a few seconds(still does). I think that was the wrong way to start tuning because it was way lean on first ride.

Welcome back bottom end and mid range. This is how I remember 125's.
    Every good thing I've read about lectron is true for me. But I started with
    a horibly tuned mikuni. I tried the suzuki needle recommended here but without other jetting was pointless.
    The flat spots have all gone and spooge is very minimal.

Combine this brilliant carb with revalved suspension (first ride for both) and its so lovely I could kiss it (but I didnt).
    IMHO if your good at jetting and like chasing it round, the lectrons probably not for you.
    But if you have no idea about jetting, get a lectron and enjoy easy adjustments.

The only downsides ive found so far is it was a turd to fit. To long by close to an inch and I had to really cram it in.
    I used my standard cable an made a spacer to take up slack.
    The idle still hangs up for a few seconds before settling. I thought that would mean rich on the needle but after playing round I dont think so. Does anyone know?
  2. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    a hanging idle is lean :thumbsup: but if it settles, you're probably only a hair lean.

i richened mine by a 1/4 turn and it cured the hanging idle (mine would never calm down) but after tuning the PJ more, i think i need to go back and tweak the rod. i thought they were kinda independent of eachother but doesnt seem to be the case.

little more tuning here but i'm also really diggin' the simplicity. worth the cash for sure.
    david.bergen likes this.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Glad you like it and it worked out for you. Your screen name cracks me up every time.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    the PJ IMHO runs over the mid range and into the low range to much for me. I spoke to Lectron about this and they can make it with a shorter pickup tube (in the carb throat) which will make it come on later and not affect the mid so much.

News leak: I am actually working with them to offer a Motosportz speced carb with several design features I have specified via my testing. We will see when that could happen.
    MotoMarc36, boisedave and typeone like this.
  5. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    OK, that's helpful info, i'll definitely tweak the rod again then...

awesome news on the Motosportz spec'd carb! :thumbsup:
  6. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 SMR, TE250, CR125, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    Changing the length of the PJ pickup tube is an interesting idea. Is this tube easily removable or is it pressed in? Any suggestions on tube length? Also will the mods on the new version of the carb fit onto the Lectrons already in use?
  7. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was thinking this too... At first I wasn't even messing with the PJ -- but I think it does play a bit of a role too as I can tell a bit of a difference with my PJ turned in. I had a hard time getting the bottom to work well until I dialed the PJ down. Now I sort of mess with them both [although I haven't touched it since I got it set well].
  8. Aviduser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 cr 165
    People have been cutting the intake mounted to the reed block by 3/4" or so. There is a groove in the intake ppl cut it back to.

You'll likely notice the air boot rubbing on the shock as it is. I cut mine about 3/8" and re grooved the boot in hopes to put the Mikuni on if I sell the bike. Still rubs slightly though.

I've got my lectron nearly dialed in now. Took a few rides to figure it out. Pulls hard in the mid like never before. Falls flat up top a bit. Needs some more power jet tuning i think. All in all hard to see how a carb could be better.
  9. duey Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 ktm xc 2008 ktm 250 sx
    Having enjoyed a 36 on wr250 ready to order 38 for sx 250 track only been waiting on feedback on smart carb user's before decision anyone?
  10. make meh samich Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    1980 honda z50
    Sweet. Thanks for replies. I'll richen the needle a bit more. Sounds like
    its gonna get better yet!
    Would the carb divider power now be worth while or is that only
    for conventional carbs?
  11. Aviduser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 cr 165
    Only for standard carbs, I had one on my mikuni tmx.

The fuel delivery of the lectron surpasses that of the mikuni/powernow anyway.
  12. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    t
    you got the fmf fatty on yet ?
  13. make meh samich Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    1980 honda z50
    Yep. Wasn't too impressed to begin with but the lectron made it
    work properly. She hauls now, super happy. VHM race head with a wee
    bit more compression might be the next adventure!
    Motosportz likes this.