1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st LED light

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by marcmo0, Nov 14, 2015.

1. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    Hey all, I have been running a Polisport HMX dual LED for a few years now. Never any issues, until I broke it. One of the wires pulled out from the light itself, rested up against some other metal/frame and I smelled something funny and the light burned out. I got new one, wired just like the old one, and it immediately started to smell like "burning electric" smell. Then it died out a few minutes later. Any ideas? I don't really get electricity. My bike is just wired with stock (09 300) capacitor to the best of my knowledge. Would like to figure out what might be happening and get another LED on there. Tips appreciated.
  2. bikesparky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Superduke 1290
    It's possible that due to the first one creating a short the reg/ rec is damaged and puts out a higher voltage.
    Best thing to do is put a voltmeter over it and see what voltage it puts out. However this can be inaccurate if it puts out ac instead if dc if the rectifier is toast.
    Try fitting a normal 12v spare bulb as a test and rev it a few times, if it goes abnormally bright and/or blows there is a reg rec issue.
  3. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    Awesome. I will check that out when I get back next week and see how she goes. Thank you!