1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st legz pegz

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Anthony_1978, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Buddy Shane runs them and likes them.
  3. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

thanks kelly, there is no listing for WR husky's, do either models stegz or legz pegs fit the 2 stroke?
  4. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

I wonder if they would get in the way if you are going down a steep trail with your butt way over the back fender, legs going back at say a 45 degree angle
  5. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    I got pivetpegz on my 300 and LOVE them. Everyone who rides my bike has the same reaction.."oh I forgot about them" ..its because it feels so natural and you just melt into the bike that much more.
    Well, someone described these do the exact same thing. I guess it helps you to control the bike with your legs by %50 more which is a must if you suffer from arm pump and or ride heavliy wooped out areas(which I do both). I might just have to pull the trigger on these based on how much I love my pivet pegz.
  6. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

this is stegz pegz on a new husky

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

pivot pegz are different mate, they are fixed to the side panels, rubber thingo's that help your legs grip the bike
  8. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Yeah I know, I guess I am just saying someone had explained they are similiar in that they are basically nice to have once you have em. IF that makes any kind of sense
  9. Clayfan Husqvarna
    A Class

Saw them at an event in NY.

Tried to get them (StegPegs) to fit my 08 WR 250 2 stroke and I was not impressed with the bolt locations they want you to use on the 2 strokes. The directions want you to bolt these things to the air box bolts and the side plate bolts. Not enough beef in those 6mm bolts to make me confident the Stegpegs would not rip the air box off the carb in a crash.

On the Husky thumpers they mount to the lower sub frame bolts and then the side panel bolts. Much better mount locations.
  10. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

great info mate, i'm going to have to make some brackets and get the rubbers from stegz pegs, anyone done this?
  11. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    a buddy made a alloy bracket and used a skateboard wheel...works pretty good
  12. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

can you get a photo? i've ordered the stegz pegz rubbers and going to make a bracket up.
  13. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

my stegz pegz rubber bits arrived so i used a longer screw and washer
    then used the side panel cover.

pics below.
    any good?

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    It probably will not stick out far enough there to work (thats what the brackets do) and the placement might not be right. I think your going to have a hard time getting leverage on them and if you do I doubt the plastic will be strong enough to last. Just my thoughts.
  15. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

ok kelly, thanks for the advice:cheers: i was just utilizing the existing holes, i'll take it for a test ride and see how it goes, if anyone here has any ideas on brackets/ photo's of stegz on their 2 stroke... please post them here :thumbsup:
  16. Palito Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR300, 1986 430AE Auto
    Other Motorcycles:
    1989 DR600
    I remember on my 1982 Can-Am 400 Qualifier with twin shocks I could hold on by hooking the backs of my knees on the top shock mounts as they stuck out so far. I was a real advantage in realy muddy races when it's hard to keep on the seat that is all covered in slippery mud.

I have often thought over the years, about how to duplicate that feature, especially when the riding conditions get soupy. I guess I'm not the only one thinking along those lines....two pruducts actually have made it to market, great !
  17. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

fair enough mate:thumbsup: