1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Leo Vince does not fit FMF Fatty

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by NWRider, Nov 1, 2011.

1. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

After a month wait I finally got my Leo Vince silencer for my WR125. The problem is that the stinger of the Fatty is just a hair too fat and they do not slip together. I tested with the stock 09 pipe and it works.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anyway to make this work?
  2. Lincolnlock Husqvarna
    AA Class

Heat one, and freeze the other. Put a little anti seize on the connection so it isn't permanent.
  3. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I called Bills and they confirmed that their Leo Vince does not fit the Fatty either. Tomorrow I will go to a muffler shop and see if they can just make it a little wider.
  4. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

benzoamatic heat til hot...flared it out by banging in an old socket that just bareley fit........ done. It fits the replacement 09 pip as is but oddly does not fit the original stock 09 125 pipe either....
  5. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Muffler shop.
  6. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Enzo and Vito strike again!
  7. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I called a few muffler shops and none of them can do anything under 1.5 inches. Unless I come up with a solution soon I will just put it in the classifieds and cut my losses.
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    How much do you want for it?
  9. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

benzoamatic heat til hot...flared it out by banging in an old socket that just bareley fit........ done.
    Otherwise call Norm.
  10. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

works nice....sounds nicer. quieter until open all the way then sounds like a nice 125 should. The FMF Kritzman vanes change the sound of a good small bore. They make the air make a "whir--whir" type of sound...not the classic music!
  11. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I may be doing something wrong but this is what I did. I used my little hand held torch and got it as hot as I could. I got a socket about half and inch in. I had a real hard time getting the socket back out. It is a good thing I used a real long 4 stroke plug socket or it would still be in there. Anyway it has a nice flare and I can get it on the pipe about half and inch but that is not enough. I really do not want to try to drive a socket a full inch or more in as I don't think I would ever get it back out.
  12. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Not to sound obscene...don't put it in all the way at first. put it in...flare it out...remove it...put back in a little more...lather, rinse, repeat.
  13. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Another option, call around to some local old school plumbers. See if there is a plumbing supply place that might have a pipe expander, that size. Some of these old places thread, cut,expand and flange anything you want. Basically, you just slide it in and it has a nut that you tighten to expand it. Another option, call place that makes hoses for heavy equipment. They might have an expander that will work. The guy I use to make backhoe hoses can make up about anything I need. Some can take a tube of aluminum, expand it the size of the compression nut and flare it.
  14. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    another option... do you have any kart builders or custom kart exhaust builders around you? may be a long shot, but i worked with Rex Conrad at Robertsons Torque Tubes in SD to build a custom pipe for my Lil Indian mini bike. he was fantastic to work with. could probably bend, flare, weld anything you need. way cheap labor too.
  15. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

And it is off to Norm.

I guess I will just live with my TC2.