1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Levers for an 09 WR250?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by JMann2380, Aug 23, 2010.

1. JMann2380 Husqvarna
    C Class

Hello all. Just put money down on a 09 WR250 and pick it up Friday. I am a fan of shorty levers, does anyone make some for the Husky? I looked at ASV and Sunline.

Thanks,
    Josh
  2. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

match them up with ktm short levers
  3. JMann2380 Husqvarna
    C Class

So KTM levers will work?
  4. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

yes i have ktm short levers on my 09 te450
  5. Fat Tire Flyer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Size is not important to me either.. :D .. And love the size and feel of shorty levers.. :thumbsup:

On my 2007 Husqvarna WR250 I installed Moose Shorty Levers (not sure if 2009 same)..

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Front Brake Lever: Moose Part # 0614-0066

Clutch Lever: Moose Part # M559-50-17

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

If you use a Rekluse Left Hand Rear Brake

Clutch Lever: Moose Part # M559-50-27
  6. JMann2380 Husqvarna
    C Class

Alright, looks like that brake lever fits a 06-08 KTM SX/XC/XCW w/ Brembo.

Clutch is KTM 93-98 ALL w/ mechanical clutch

Gonna give it a whirl. Thanks.
    Chef likes this.
  7. JMann2380 Husqvarna
    C Class

I ended splurging and getting some Zeta flex levers. Brake is a KTM Brembo but for the clutch I had to buy it with the perch. It turned out pretty good and seems good quality, although I kinda wished I got the ARC ones now. I'll let you all know how they work out.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  8. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Those look sweet!
    Why do you wish you had gotten the ARC ones?
  9. JMann2380 Husqvarna
    C Class

It's dumb but the Zeta's are made in China; ARC in the US of A. That being said I was very impressed with the Zeta's quality. I will take some pics on the bike and post them in the next day or two.
  10. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Not everything from China is junk!

Post some pics please. I wrecked a while back and need a new clutch lever and perch, so I'm real interested in seeing them on the bike and how much finger room there is.
  11. JMann2380 Husqvarna
    C Class

haha I know. I actually own a company and a lot of my products come out of there so you would think I would be more open minded! As I said it was dumb!

Bike is at a buddies house right now since we are heading riding this weekend. I will try to posts picks tomorrow before we leave.

One thing I like about the perch/clutch is that you can adjust the lever further out and give it more throw than the stocker. Definitely helps if you are using two fingers to clutch and don't pull it all the way to the bar like I do.

Price was $120 I think for the perch/clutch and $50 for the pivot brake lever.
  12. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    I have the Zetas on my WR250f and on my TC250. They have the best feel of any lever to me, much nicer than ASV.

PC, Shane has them on his WR125, probably why they didn't break when you crashed it. :lol:

I was under the impression they were made in Japan, not China. Either way they are quality pieces. :thumbsup:

Later,
  13. JMann2380 Husqvarna
    C Class

Sorry these took so long to post. I gotta say I put the levers through their paces and they came out smelling like roses! I even dropped the bike directly on a rock and the lever hit it square on, I would have been walking the bike out with the stock levers but these Zeta's just pivoted forward and only some tiny scratches on the end of the lever. These get a big :thumbsup:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  14. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    So did these fit on your 09? I would like to get these as well.
  15. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I hope so. I bought some too, but haven't installed them yet.
  16. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    Ok, so one more stupid question.

Do you plan on just installing them on your existing perches? Right? I want the levers but don't want to buy new perches.
  17. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Yes. They did not come with new perches.
    I got them off ebay from Chaplin motosports for $30 shipped.

I would try to install them, but I'm down to 1 arm and dont think I can pull off the install right now.
  18. JMann2380 Husqvarna
    C Class

Hey guys, I did not end up buying those levers, I bought the Zeta pivot levers that I posted pictures of above. For the clutch I needed the perch and all.
  19. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    PC, sorry to hear about your arm. I broke my ankle this summer and it sucked to not be able to ride.

JMann thanks for the update. I want to go the cheap route and try the levers so when I get them I'll post up info about the install.
  20. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You are actually riding a trail bike without barkbusters ? Barkbusters not only protect your fingers but your controls. I have yet to break a lever on any bike with barkbusters since 1982.
    Dwight