1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Lighting Issues/options Part 2 ???

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by 080, Feb 16, 2012.

1. 080 Guest

Guys this is the thread I started a few months ago concerning the 11'wr300 lighting issue I was having.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/just-bought-an-11-wr300-have-qs.21050/page-2#post-201027

Long story short, I bought this (new) middle of Oct, the bike was not hooked up with lights from the dealer because a few bikes they sold were coming back with fried ignitions. Because of this the dealer has been trying to find a solution as to why through Husqvarna. It's now 5 months later and Husqvarna has not fixed the issue, given a solution or anything. The dealer has been on them quit a bit (dealing with Italy) and all Husqvarna tells them is they are looking into it. I finally decided to contact BMW/Husqvarna customer service to follow up on this back in December and they gave me the same answer as the dealer stating Husqvarna Italy was working on a fix. Now (today) the middle of Feb I called and talked to a BMW/Husqvarna customer service manager and he told me there is nothing he can do and that the comunication is strictly between Husqvarna and the dealer. He basically told me same the thing as before and said there is no one he can call to find out when they might have a fix. I have to say this is poor, poor service from a manufacturer that is trying to gain sales in the US. I just don't see how a manufacturer can re-design a new 4strk motorcycle, have it ready for sale the following year and not be able to fix a simple electrical lighting issue on a 2strk bike they have had out currently for over a year. Please do not think I am bashing this bike because short of this issue its great but my patience is wearing thin. The thing that gets me is that there are alot of you out there with the same bike and have no issues at all, I mean what gives? Am I going to have to wait another 5 months, maybe longer? If anyone has any suggestions please feel free.
  2. bigriver Husqvarna
    AA Class

Call and talk to Bill at BMP. He left his number in the other thread.
  3. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Buy the old style ignition problem solved, or see if they will warranty with old style ignition.
  4. 080 Guest

Thought about that but didn't want to give up the smooth power delivery that the Ducati ignition is (supposed) to be giving over the older one. I really like the mild manner of the bike now, do you know if it makes that much of a difference?

I gave the dealer his information but not sure if they ever called? If this goes for to much longer maybe I'll just get the kit, do it myself and call BMP and see if they could help me.