1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Linkage bearings - seals

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by rockdancer, Jun 10, 2013.

1. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Linkage and swing arm bearings
    Is it a necessity to change the seals and shafts etc when you change bearings ?
    I am not sure whether to buy the bearings or the whole kit - eg Moose or Motorsportz
    Any experience with these kits ? and are the bearings as good as original German bearings?

I guess its the best thing to do but will take longer to get and more expensive.

Anyone who hasnt checked their and greased their bearings for a year or so should do so -mine were all siezed:o
  2. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    If your bearings are gone, I'd definitely replace the seals too. Just use your best judgement on the shafts. If they're worn or rusted replace them too.
  3. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    The original german bearings are better, but the kit price can be very attractive and has its merits. The tolerances of the far-east bearings are usually decent but the metallurgy isn't up to Japanese or german standards. You must replace the shafts that run on the bearings, it actually acts as the inner bearing race on a needle bearing setup. If the bearings are seized/rusty, the shafts are always corroded/brinelled/false brinelled anyway so do the whole deal and use a good waterproof grease like BelRay, all greases AREN'T waterproof. and of course seals also.
    Blakelpd5 and jmetteer like this.
  4. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Thanks guys :cheers: - I guess I better get the kits
    I suppose I better check the steering head as well -
    (That Belray grease is hard to find )
  5. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    I use Lucas Red "n" Tacky grease.
  6. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Test your grease with a dab in your palm and add water and stir. Non-waterproof grease will become an emulsified mess. Waterproof grease will remain separate from the water. But you'll still have a mess so have a few paper towels nearby before trying this!! I stopped using Silkolene grease (I love their oils) by doing this test.
    Clete and ray_ray like this.
  7. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Mobil XHP 222 ought to be a very good grease for that type of application. I use Mobil EP 2, which is also a good product, although not quite as nice as the XHP. We use EP2 as the standard lubricant for high-precision linear bearings in machine tool applications, so it's good quality stuff. I have not done Marc's water-resistance test, though. Mobil does claim that both are water resistant, but I don't know specifically what that implies.

Both of these can be purchased from McMaster for only about 5 bucks a tube. In my opinion these are probably as good or better than the moto/auto specialty stuff, and cheaper too.
  8. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    Old thread for the '09 WR125...

I did not re-read the thread but I do remember the aftermarket kit bearings not being up to par with the stock. But if you go in often and regrease they should be ok.
    It's one of those pay me now or pay me later things...labor every now and then to regrease or labor and parts if you wait too long.

Good luck!

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/linkage-kit.18475/#post-161129
    rockdancer likes this.