1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Linkage bearings

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by mantrap, Nov 5, 2010.

1. mantrap Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am having trouble removing the roller bearings on the linkage of my Wr300 does anyone have some tips? I tried pressing them out one side but it looks like there is a shoulder between the bearings. I tried a drift but it is just destroying the bearing.
  2. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    How old is your bike? have they ever been out before?

You might need a hydraulic press if they are rusted.
  3. mantrap Husqvarna
    AA Class

The bike is an 2009. The bearings weren't to bad but I got the all balls kit so I thought I would replace all the bearings.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Yep, they gotta be driven out opposite the way they went in ... It is very easy if you have the right side of punch to fit over the shoulder in the middle of the linkage arm and still touch the sides of the bearing housing.... A socket might work here ... not sure of the size and not trying to get you to abuse UR tools but this is the general way of driving a bearing out ... Use wd40 also around the old bearing ...

Don't worry about the old bearing ... U almost concede it is toast when you decide to remove it ...
  5. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Don't worry about the old bearing ... U almost concede it is toast when you decide to remove it ...[/QUOTE]

+1

PB Blaster penetrating oil works better than anything I have ever found for freeing up rusted or stuck parts
  6. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    If you heat the link till spit sizzles, it will help a lot.
  7. BillO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Propane torch and a blind bearing puller. You can get a full kit of blind bearing pullers for about $60 (..here in the GWN. Down in the US they are propably cheaper).
  8. schrode Husqvarna
    AA Class

i use a dye grinder and just ground a line across the bearing cage and it comes out with one wack of the hammer/drift combo. i couldn't get mine to even budge with a press. all-thread and sockets works well for installing the new bearings