1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Linkage bearings

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Terry B, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Terry B Husqvarna

Hello
    Haven't really posted much here but have found alot of usefull infornation.My question is it's time to replace the linkage bearingsand i'm wondering if oem holds up better than the aftermarket stuff?
    Thanks Terry
  2. yanchocik Husqvarna
    AA Class

I got one season of racing on the stock linkage bearings in my WR 250. I replaced them this winter with All Balls stuff. I have been using their stuff for years with no problems. I know some people will say they are cheap asain bearings, but I have never had problems with them. Lower cost than OEM and equal quality in my opinion.
  3. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

i think the company is called synergy seals, (google it). they were refered to me by someone on here.. they make a lower shock bushing insyead of a bearing. the stock bearing last 1 season max as i found out and as most everyone whos got a husky has found.

in iowa we run in a lot of mud. im going to put the bushing in, ill report on how it held up in the middle of the season.
  4. Drew Smith Husqvarna
    AA Class

All Balls offers the lower shock bearing(where the shock clevis attaches to the linkage) in either needle bearing type or spherical heim type. That bearing is the most prone to failure on any linkage type suspension.
  5. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    Have you decided which bearings you are going to use?
  6. bower100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250CR - '07 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    TY350Trials-BetaRev3-'77RM250-'80YZ
    Not exactly the same topic but related... (and Drew mentioned All Balls having the shock bearings in two styles), ....

Does anybody know if All Balls has the Husky swingarm needle bearings? ... Or a substitute.

One of my swingarm bearings got rusty.

Thanks, dave
  7. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    I bought some on ebay for my 2000 WR.
  8. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

How do I get those silly circlips out of the lower shock mount?

Any tips on removing that spherical beairng?

The old bolt and socket trick?

Thanks!
  9. tree dodger Husqvarna
    AA Class

The only way I found to remove the circlip is to drill a small hole on the side of the linkage. Drill it close to where the two ends of the circlip come together. Put a small nail thru the hole and push on the clip. Once one end is exposed, you can pry it out with a screwdriver. Once you have one clip out, you can press out the heim joint with a socket. Learned this trick from a Husky dealer, that's how they do it. I think you can replace the heim joint with the needle bearing that Husky has used since 06. The bearing does not last nearly as long, but at least you don't have to mess with the circlips.
  10. Drew Smith Husqvarna
    AA Class

All Balls does have complete, suingarm and linkage kits. Be sure to state year&model.
  11. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks!

I just bought an all balls bearing.
  12. Terry B Husqvarna

Well I got the bike tore down yesterday and everything is in great shape except the shock linkage bearing.I think I will try the bushing from synergy seals.It really does pay to grease everything prior to ridding when new.Although the husky had much more grease than the last yz.
  13. tempus fugit Husqvarna
    AA Class

14. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I have one of those in my WR. Seems to working very well.
  15. Terry B Husqvarna

From what I have read it's a plastic of some sorts.With that said you
    would think the sand would eat it up.For 12 bucks I figure it's worth a shot.As Drew said earlier thats the bearing that fails on all linkage bikes.
  16. Mercury264 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Is that because it's the onlyl one without a zerk ?