Local NW dude does well again...

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    http://blogs.dirtrider.com/6676858/news/jonah-street-wins-rally-mongolia/index.html

American Rally Ace Jonah Street dominated eight days and 3,700 kilometers of Rally Mongolia navigation racing, taking four-out-of-seven individual stage victories and maintaining more than a three-hour advantage over the nearest bike competitor at the finish.
    Jonah raced a borrowed Yamaha WR450.

Met him a few times, very down to earth and looks like a normal human, rides like something else. Amazing dude.

[IMG]
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    good stuff!! one of my associates just returned from Mongolia, he was with the sports federation (gov folks) as an FIM licensed MX instructor working with a plan for their Nat MX team and schooling riders. They are super interested in motos and motorsports. Historically speaking they were/are the master horsemen of the east and they may surprise everyone with their innate ability to Moto!! Happy to see them getting themselves on the mx/offroad stage!! Hope this aint a hijack. Go Jonah!!

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/525/7658/Motorcycle-Article/Rally-Mongolia--The-West-Connects.aspx
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    First American to Race there. First American to Win! Sounds a little like Jim Pomeroy ... :) ...

Orange bikes are everywhere apparently ...
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    he won on a borrowed WR450 Yami.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Yep and that wr has a orange machine parked right beside it ...

A borrowed bike? Ain't that cool! ... Yo, Bro, I think I can win this race... You got a bike I can ride? ...
    Guys that ride on the calibrator can usually just jump on a bike and haul the bacon :)
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    It's obviously a full on rally bike so I am guessing it was rented from a outfit that does that type of thing. Yes KTMs are everywhere.
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  8. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great job Jonah! He is the only reason I follow the Dakar race. For basically a privateer he rocks! Now if Husky would just step up and get him a bike.....