1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc longer throttle cable?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by BCdirtbikegal, Apr 2, 2012.

1. BCdirtbikegal Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 KTM sx50 jr, 08 pw50
    I have an '11 WR150 and switched to the keihin carb and also added the Scott's dampener with BRP kit plus taller bars, and my throttle cable is too tight now. What options are out there for a longer one?
  2. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Don't hold me to it, but think the WR250 cable is your fix?
  3. BCrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165 2008, WR125 2009
    Contact Motosportz Mike for the proper cable.
  4. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

You can often go directly to Motion-pro and find out which cable they make which is the same ends, but longer than the one you have.

Some folks just flip the throttle housing to the bottom of the bars to gain more length on raised bars.
  5. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I used a 99 Honda CR250 cable and it was long enough to go in front of the forks and have a couple inches left. I imagine Motion Pro makes longer ones for that bike also.
  6. BCdirtbikegal Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 KTM sx50 jr, 08 pw50
  7. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    I performed the same mods you did. I just switched my throttle cable to the other side of the frame and it is perfect. Then I made my own cable spacer / holder (tubing and a wire tie) to keep it from getting pinched. Everything has been fine with no problems. IMG_0206.JPG
    BCdirtbikegal likes this.
  8. BCdirtbikegal Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 KTM sx50 jr, 08 pw50
    turning the housing back and re-routing the cable to the other side has worked, but when I rode it last night the throttle seemed to come on really hard (more than before)... there is a bit of free play at the handlebar end which is good, but it does seem to hit harder than before. I'm going to check where it attaches to the carb and maybe it's something there that I've over tightened... Any ideas?

*Edited - got it working, it was catching in the part that attaches to the carb. But the re-routing worked, raced my bike this weekend and had no issues :)