1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Looking at a 93 WXC360 tomorrow ?'s

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by john01, Nov 2, 2010.

1. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hey guys I will be looking at a 93 WXC 360 tomorrow and have a few questions. How should the motor pull in general ? Hows the handling? Hows the weight feel? I should get there before dark for a test ride but just in case I trust the members here to give good info. It's been completely gone over and has all new bearings, chain, sprockets, new plastics, suspension rebuilds, new seat cover, new top end although according to his mechanic it didn't need it (very low hr bike), re-designed (improved) shifting shaft, new clutch, etc. So any tips or other things to look for? Thanks.
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

John,

93 is the one year that Husky put a cr 5 speed in a few bikes. Just make sure it is the 6 speed. It will pull strong from 0 rpms to the high mid then they tend to sign off. Remember there is a 2lb piece of metal going up and down in there. Some of the early 360's had issues with the kick start gear breaking the case when it kicked back. Just worth a check. They shift smooth and effortlessly thru the 6 speeds. Any notchy feeling is maybe the sign of some issues although the 6 speed is pretty bullet proof. It should have Showa suspension and as Kelly has written about his 94' 250 it works well. Brakes won't be up to what you are used to although they can be made better. These bikes should run forever. I replaced the piston and rings in my 2000 in 08 and it didn't need it either. Not a lot of piston speed running on the bottom to mid. You do feel like you are more sitting in the bike rather than on it but not an uncomfortable position just different to more recent models of bikes.

Good luck and let us know what you find out,
    Walt
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks for your input and tips Walt I really appreciate it. I don't usually look at bikes this old but the thing in pics at least looks new. It's a 2 owner bike with lots of spare stuff and very few total hrs. He's asking $1,500.00 but I am sure he'll take less. I'll keep you posted.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Great bikes. My 94 gets ridden quit a bit. :thumbsup: Walt covered the important stuff nicely.
  5. ryboj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    00TE410_01TE570
    Other Motorcycles:
    '03 Polaris Predator, '86 YZ490
    '93 is one of the best looking, if not the best looking 360 year ever built. If it's that clean, you ought to pull the trigger. I can't add anymore than what others have mentioned either.