1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc looking for a guide to replacing piston - wr125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Chris Sykes, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Chris Sykes Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125
    Hi all,

Is there a guide to replacing a piston kit on a 2006 wr125?
    the owners manual doesnt really go into detail, is there a better manual out there?
  2. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    If you have just the standard owners manual then look for a shop manual. Halls Cycle sells them on CD for 10 or 20 bucks. Thats what I bought for my '09 so they should have them for an '06. There was also a member on here that had downloaded different year and model shop manuals to a thread. I dont have the link but maybe someone else does. It might actually be a sticky. Or just search for it. It shouldnt be too hard to find.
  3. Chris Sykes Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125
    Ive had a search but didn't come up with anything :(

Just had a look on halls cycles website too but can't seem to find any manuals?
    do they have an ebay shop?
    im from the UK so i don't even know if they would post.....

There's a husky dealer in my town, so it may be worth asking them to see if they can get hold of one for me... but if anyone can find the guide it would be a massive help!

Cheers
  4. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    We are slowly adding links to manuals here. There are several places to find parts manuals. However, the only downloadable shop manual so far is the WR250/300 (also in the link below). As posted earlier, Hall's or any Husky dealer should be able to sell you a CD with all manuals (parts, owners, and shop/service) for your model year.
    The 2 Stroke Index Thread (New Layout)

P.S., If anyone does find a WR125/150 shop/service manual that's download online... please post a link in the Index Chat thread or here.
  5. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
  6. erigre Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
  7. Chris Sykes Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125
    Thanks for the reply's guys, that guide looks spot on! exactly what i was after :)

Erigre i downloaded that manual but its more of an owners manual and doesn't go into details with the engine, just mentions go to your local husky dealer!

I will be popping into my dealer in the next few days, hopefully they might give me a freebie as ive given them 10 hours of work on a mates bike, but we will see :P
    if i get one ill try and get it uploaded for us all if its not huge!

Ive also dropped husky sport a message to see how much there piston kit is :)
  8. erigre Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Sorry about that. Could not remember and could not confirm.
    I have found a big group of old (up to 04) repair manuals and
    the 08 cr125 and 11 wr/cr 125-150 manuals by searching around
    in the past. Have them on my HD at home, but poor connection
    here in Italy and can't access my iDisk which also has them.
    The 125-165 guide that Matt posted is all you really need though.
    Once you do it, you'll see it's pretty straightforward.
    Send me a pm for more info if you need it.
  9. Chris Sykes Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125
    Thankyou! The guide looks great.

I know when i undo the head bolts i need to do it in a star formation, so i do not crack/warp the head.

When it comes to re-tightening these bolts up, do you know how tight they need to be torqued up?

Ill have a look at it tonight so will hopefully have a few photo's once its off for people's opinions on the condition of barrel etc :)
  10. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    You dont really even have to remove the head just the four 12mm nuts that hold the barrel on, it all depends how involved you want to make the job ie checking ring gap/ removing any carbon ect
    I personaly would pull the whole lot in one bit and go from there and remove the head if only nessersary
  11. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

12. Chris Sykes Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125
    Great guide NWRider thanks, that will come in useful when i put the new piston in!
    When i removed the PV cover i noticed that the plastic link arm wasnt connected at the top, i may have knocked it but im pretty sure it was disconnected already.... hopefully this is the casue of the mid and top range bog ive been having!

Ive got the barrel and head off, piston looks ready for a change but the barrel looks in good condition.

It does seem glazed though, i cant really see any honing marks so do you think it needs a re-hone?

Chris
  13. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

The PV are takes a good bit of force to pry off so I am sure you did not knock it off. That would sure make the bike not run well. You want to make sure the power valves open and close freely while you are in there.
  14. Chris Sykes Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125
    Thankyou buddy, the pv opens and closes nicely, ill give them a good cleanout while i have the barrel off, should i just use some carb cleaner?