1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Looking to Purchase a 2012 WR125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Clutch250f, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Clutch250f Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Wr250f, 2001 Wr250f
    Well I'll give you a quick back story on what's going on. First off I currently own a 01 WR250f which i have bored out to a 290. I Live in Washington State and am currently in Missouri doing my army officer stuff. So I have been looking in the area for a two stroke as one I've grown up on four strokes, two my dad has gotten into vintage racing (or as I prefer to call it wanting his old bikes back) and I've taken to racing his 82 500 Husky or better known at ten fins of fury, and finally I want to learn how to learn proper throttle control and body positioning that these machines give you. (That and lets face it I miss the premix smell)
    So here goes I found a dealer in St Louis that is selling a 2012 WR125 that they had as a demo bike. Which don't know exactly what that would mean from a dealer, So first question of my post what would a demo bike be really used? Is it the bike they used to let employees try it out by riding around in the parking lot or would it be one that they could have taken out and let potential customers ride at a event? Second question, Since I've only owned a Yamaha how is working on the Husky differ from the other brands? Does the machine use different bolts through out the bike or is it like a Honda and it only take two wrenches to tear the whole bike down? Third question, it does come with the standard 144 kit, How is this kit running in really tight trails? Would it be smarter for me to look into a 167 kit or use the 125 jug? Fourth and at least for this post final question, Knowing this bike is a demo bike what would be a fair price for it? I have requested photos and I should get those No Later Than Tuesday, but assuming that it has little to zero wear. Well thank you for looking over!
  2. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR

I went from an 03 WR250F to my 09 WR150 and this bike is super easy to work, probably a touch easier than the yami was. Some of the hardware on my Husky was mismatched when I bought which made it a pain, but I've got it worked out now to where an 8 and a 10 take pretty much everything apart.
  3. Clutch250f Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Wr250f, 2001 Wr250f
    Ahh okay, how hard is it to get to the air filter? Is it like the WR where I got to pull the seat or there a little trap door to get to it? Also how is changing the oil on it?
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

First question, a dealer demo bike is one that the dealer lets people ride to see if they like it. Some have demo days/rides and after a few rides they sell off the demo bikes. Second question, yes the Huskys are very easy to work on and IMO easier than any of the jap bikes. I also think they are built better and require less of it. The little huskys have more room between the engine and gas tank and being a steel frame easier to get to the stuff. Third question, the 144 will amaze you on how well the engine will pull and lug you through the tight stuff. They are tough as an anvil, won't over heat, and will lugg or scream your choice. Put a 52 rear sprocket on and you can tackle just about anything. I'm 200 lbs and it had no problem pull me over and through anything I pointed it at. Fourth really depends on the hrs and condition of the bike. If it has low hrs and clean I would think around $3,500.00 or so would be a very good deal but they may want as much as $4,500.00 Of all the bikes I've owned over the years and at 54 it's been quite a few the Husky 125/144 and now my 165 is my all time favorite and mines an 08. I'm looking to get a new bike now but can't think of anything I would like better. Good luck and let us know if you get it. I love reading ride reports from new owners. BTW I've sold 5 Husky 125's myself by letting frineds demo mine :D.
    huskybear likes this.
  5. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    I bought my 2010 wr150 as a demo last year,it was in great shape and got a good price. I ride tight, steep single-track and it is a blast. Very easy to work on. The wr and cr 125/150 are probably one of the best handling bikes for off-road out there,feels like your flying 3 feet above the trail. Stock carb can be a pain to deal with-it is very sensitive to temp. and alt. changes. Putting a lectron carb on solves a lot of running issues, is very easy to tune and adds more power.Lots of good info by good people on these bikes on this forum. Do a thread search on these bikes and you will find out a lot. If you buy it, I would take it apart and grease all the bearings and suspension linkage, the factory is very skimpy on grease! There are threads about prepping new bikes by my-self and others that should help you if you need it. Go for it,you won't believe how much fun these bikes are and your riding buddies will hate you for embarrassing them in the trails with it:lol:!:cheers:
    john01 likes this.
  6. Clutch250f Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Wr250f, 2001 Wr250f
    Ahh ok so can I assume that the bike was properly broken in? Or should I still go through the proper way of breaking in the motor and the brakes? Also with that carb would putting in a JD jetting kit clean it up or is really going to the new carb the best way to fix the jetting issues? With the suspension I'm assuming the spring is going to be for roughly a 200 lbs rider?
  7. 72racerx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 WR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VFR800
    Go ahead and buy it I dare you !!! I bought a brand new 125 a month or 2 back and loving it. It runs rings around my friends bigger bike in the tight stuff, it may be down on HP against the others I ride with but when I under cut them in a turn and get out quicker it puts a big smile on my face.
  8. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    My '09 has a single quarter turn fastener to remove the seat and the filter is right there.
  9. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"

No being a 125 it will be sprung for more like a 150 lb rider.
  10. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    better just buy it if you dont like it for WHATever reason you wont have any trouble selling to someone who missed out [LIKE ME] ther may not be anymore EVER GOD FORBID:eek:
  11. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Quarter turn fastner on the rear of the seat (d-ring) no tools required to remove the seat to pull the filter. Oil change is one bolt and no filter (2-stroke) easy as can be. Don't hesitate if the price is right get the bike before someone else finds it.
  12. Clutch250f Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Wr250f, 2001 Wr250f
    Well here's a update on that wr for those who are watching this. Well I went to the dealership and looked at the bike. There is wear on it stuff I expected it to have looked like it was loved. It is 100% stock, 144 kit installed, little skuffs here and there. Well After chatting with the guy about it I decided that after it was all said and done that This Cougar (Washington State University Grad) Was going to own a Husky. So I told him to box her up and throw her in my truck. So I'm now a proud owner of a 2012 WR 125. [IMG]
  13. hawaii-rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2018 TC250, 2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04 CRF-270x, 95 CR500, 93 CR250 etc
    Now a new Husky twist on things...
    :busted:

Clutch250f is my son.....He simply loved my '83 500XC (his first husky he ever rode), in fact he did our Marty Smith MX clinic on Ten Fins

we have been looking for a smoker for him for a long time, Craigslist, Cycletrader etc

Serious score on this bike at over 50% off retail.
    As soon as he gets back from his Combat Engineer training we will both take her to the frame (as we have done with all our bikes) grease, tighten, swap out stupid bolts etc...and get her set for single track here in western wa.

Congrats there Clutch!!
    :cheers:

Now HR will go through all the threads here for Jetting set up for the FMF pipe and sparkey set up...
    Radial Trials tire is already in the garage for the rear.....
    and
    She will be wearing a Washington State License Plate ! ! !

Let the build begin!

Drive safe coming home son....

HR

L to R

3x National Champ Marty Smith
    Clutch
    HR
    Bryan (HR's oldest boy)
    Tyler Smith (stupid fast)

[IMG]
    wallybean likes this.
  14. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Should have guessed he was an Engineer......asked alot of questions. LOL
    Infantry would have just grunted and rode it.
    Ranger would have breached the shop in a night op and taken it for a test ride.
  15. Clutch250f Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Wr250f, 2001 Wr250f
    Nah as an engineer we would have thought.. "Now what kind of breaching charge do I want to use? Water charge? Nah.. Dip can charge? Nah.. Door ring? Nah.. Now Silhouette charge.. There we go. Anyone can do a night op. But only an engineer can use copious amounts of explosives while doing a night op.
  16. hawaii-rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2018 TC250, 2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04 CRF-270x, 95 CR500, 93 CR250 etc
    Now his dad, a retired US Army One-Each-Combat-Engineer-Jump-Master yada yada would simply say....

"Here son, hold my beer and watch this shit"

:D

There's your bike.....

HR
  17. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    HaHa-
    good one.
    What do they do at Ft LW these days? A couple of friends learned to fly UH1s there way back when.
  18. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sweet! Look forward to the big ride report. Hey don't over engineer it just ride and enjoy :D. Enjoy!
  19. Clutch250f Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Wr250f, 2001 Wr250f
    Well the base training is still here, it's still home of the engineer and Mp's.. Hate the mps.. they love pulling us engineer butter bars over. Weather still sucks, though I'll be out of here soon.
  20. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Thanks for your service Lieutenant.:thumbsup: