Looks like some interesting reading in the next issue of TBM

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by wallybean, Jul 25, 2013.

1. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Honda's trail-legal CRF450XRL is just one of the bike's featured in the August issue of TBM. Because in the next mag we've also tested the new range of 2014 Beta enduros (both 2T & 4T), ridden The Welsh two-day enduro on a Yamaha WR250; pitted a Yamaha XT660 Tenere against the BMW G650 Sertao; and we've also got the story on the brand new two-stroke Sherco enduro bikes. Plus David Knight reveals why he won't be riding the EWC next year... and we take a look at the direct-injection two-stroke dirt bike you may well be riding in 12 months time. And would it surprise you to know that it might be Japanese? All this plus lots more in the August issue of TBM!

And now you can download a copy of TBM onto your PC/Mac/desktop browser by simply clicking the blue arrow and signing in to pocketmags.com. And Android users can now download the free TBM app by clicking the green Android logo. TBM is also available on Kindle and iTunes, as well as normal print versions. To subscribe (or renew your subscription) to either the print version or the iTunes version, click the blue Subscribe button. Happy reading TBM/Dirt Junkies
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Cool thanks for the heads up. Thats a great mag.
  3. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Never heard of the magazine, sounds like a good one. I need to stop looking at those Shercos lol
  4. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Do you guys get the Mag in the USA or look on line at it ?
    Always a good read and good honest tests that has stood the tests of time really well
    The guys test a lot of bikes local to myself, would be nice to get them to test the 165, Now that would be a good read :thumbsup:
    Radbuster likes this.
  5. Radbuster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR125 '10
    Good and honest reviews from which they take a great deal of heat at times.
    They don't only push the latest model bikes.
    Sometimes the content is only a week old, compared to 2 months or so for Dirt Bike and MXA.
    Writing style is superb, my favorite magazine, been a subscriber for 3 years.
  6. Radbuster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR125 '10
    Don't look at them for too long...and don't ever think of riding one :love:
    LandofMotards likes this.
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I have had a subscription to them for a number of years, great mag. I love their yearly review of used bikes and what they offer. Always good for a few chuckles.
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

If you can talk them into a test, I will ship them a kit.
    johnnyboy and john01 like this.
  9. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I threw you out there to one of the magazines on Facebook. It was when all the mags got the 144's for the 2 stroke race. No reply though...
  10. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I'm going to Barnes and Noble to see if the have this mag tonight :)
  11. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    There are only 3 bikes that make me want a 2 stroke, Beta, Sherco, and a CR165 :). I don't even want to think about a 300i lol
    Radbuster likes this.
  12. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I use to think there was nothing better then a walt smith Cr 165 I raced it just about everywhere with good results too BUT I cant leave anything alone so I started to play with a Wr 300 Well with the help of Zip Ty Racing and David at Fast Bike Industries[ [Ohlins man] Well some time later and a bunch of money I now have a bike that so far works better then my 165 sorrie Walt The 300 might be old school but it just flat works for me now Heck it seem to work just fine for Letti against the Factory effor from Husaberg and the best rider in the world Garham Garvis.I looked at a new Husaberg TE 300 soon to be a Husky 300 and I just can not beleive for the cost of the bike plus spares which would be over $10,000 dollars That the Husaberg could be any better.So will keep waiting maybe by 2015 a new Husky 300 might just be something special As for the Beta 2 stroke to me it is not anything special also not worth spending $10,000
    to be on the startline
  13. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I already know the Beta and Sherco aren't going to make me faster, they just look cool lol. I'm dreaming with those bikes anyway. Way to far out of my league
  14. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    What all did Zip Ty do to the bike?
  15. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Advise know how God where do I start this will be so off topic but you asked
    Let me make a list and post it but I can tell you a few thing right off the top that made the bike a winner
    Cr electronicts Arc lever with a motion pro cable shorten 3 inches FMF pipe with turbin core sparky
    Rear big brakes with shark fin Dunlop 51 tires with mousses
    Then there is the Ohlin suspention from FBI Since I installed them and have been doing the Nationals on the 300 I have one 3rd place the rest are either a 2nd or a first. Only rode the 165 1 time this year at a National and did not do well
    454x and LandofMotards like this.
  16. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I am just glad your 300 works so good. Really speaks to how good that older design can be.
  17. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Just sent TBM a message with your offer Walt, I have even offered my bike up for testing if they havnt got a 125/144 laying about.
    Look forward to hearing back from them.
    Xcuvator and LandofMotards like this.
  18. 72racerx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 WR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VFR800
    Honda's trail-legal CRF450XRL is just one of the bike's featured in the August issue of TBM

Nothing new here in Oz they have been road legal since 2005. ;)
  19. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    In Canada, I used to be able to find it once in a while, but not lately. Should probably subscribe, as it's really the best mag, by far.
  20. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Hi Ashley,

Thanks for getting in touch, i have forwarded this email to publisher
    Si and editor Barni for their consideration.

Will let you know of any progress,

Cheers

Alex
    ---------------------------------------------------

Well its a start! Now the waiting game begins.
    Would be nice if they do go for it that way Walt could get world wide reconition for his troubles,
    Will udate as soon as I get any news
    AndrewS and wallybean like this.