1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Loss of gear oil = spooge in exhuast?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Baker750, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Baker750 Husqvarna

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a 2000 CR125 that I have been working out the bugs. When I purchased the bike it ran decent, I have installed a FMF Fatty pipe, rejetted the carb and it seems to be running pretty strong. My concern now is that when I purchased the bike the gear oil was low. I changed the fluid, went on a few rides and now the fluid is low again. I cannot find a leak, but there is alot of what I call spooge coming out of the power valve drains, where the pipe goes into the head, the pipe joint where the silencer is and at the rear of the silencer. I repacked the silencer recently as well. I have been trying to research what could be causing this and how big of a deal it will be to fix. I have seen others talking about some main seal on the right side of the engine that could be bad? Does anyone have any expirience about loosing the spooge. I suppose it it not hurting anything, right now I just always make sure the tranny is topped off.

Thanks,
    Chris
  2. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Drop the oil and add ATF, if you start noticing white smoke then it's the tranny oil mixing and getting burnt up which means a leaky main seal.

Is the bike running rough or does the idle faster when idling? If the idle increases at rest then you have an airleak.

Best bet is to pull her down, replace the seals, check your main bearing/bottom end and do the top end refresh.
  3. Baker750 Husqvarna

Thanks for the reply, The bike seems to run pretty good not rough at all. Idle is pretty smooth as well. How hard of a job is replacing the seals? Where is the best place to get the parts from (gaskets and seals) the closest dealer to me is a couple hours away might be easier to mail order.
  4. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    If you are in the US, use the site sponsers and plenty of the blokes will vouch for them.

If you are in Oz..still use the site sponsers as they are considerably cheaper then local (unless TrooperLu can match).

How hard is to replace? Unfortunately it can be a daunting process if you've never pulled the clutch basket off as that is what is needed..you'll need the parts manual and tools as you have to pull the primary drive gear to get to the seal, pry out and then fit new seal.

The hardest part is taking off the clutch basket...make sure you mark everything before disassembling and take pics if you're left wondering what that spare screw was for :)
  5. dylandog Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cr125 n 99 wr250

theres often splorge on 2t,my 04 can chuck loads out,esp if im only pottering round behind my kid,im pretty sure you'd notice the difference if your burning gear oil,smells different to 2t n the smoke is thicker white,but if you are losing oil n theres no puddle then you need to strip it down to check it out.my power valve tubes also drip sploorge out.does yours have a sight glass for oil level?id drop all oil out n let it drain properly before messuring out the correct amount in a jug,fill up, use bike for a bit then drop all oil again leaving it to drain properly n messure it again.the sight glass n the drain bolt method of checking oil levels are not always reliable,by messring like this will give you a better idea of whats going on.dont forget to lean bike each side to get all oil out,n warm it up a bit.
  6. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Usually the bearings go before the seals unless your bike has new bearings and old seals.

The clutch side seal can be taken out w/o splitting the cases with the motor in the frame.

You take the clutch and the primary gear out and remove the retainer that is on the 2000 motors and pry it out.

it's pretty easy once you coax the thrust spacer under the primary gear out...use a big magnet.

That seal is most likely 12 yrs old.