1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Lost vent hose and nipple WR 300 gearbox.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnnymannen, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi guys and happy new year! 2 days ago when we where riding i think i lost my vent hose:=(. I have never seen this before, but both the hose and nipple just next to the clutch arm is missing. Isn't that strange? Has anyone experienced this before? Now there's just a hole down in to the gearbox/clutch. Is there any special solution to this or is ity just very bad and unusual luck? Trans.oil was grey when i changed it of course... The terrain where we rode was like the movie Waterworld with kevin Costner...

Johnny
  2. dirt-dude Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had one disappear on a yamaha once. You can get a new one from Husky, I glue them in with a little silicone. Probably would never happen again
    you're the only other person i've heard of to loose one.
  3. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    surely it wasnt that bad mate! itd have to be the worst terrain of all time! :)
  4. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I lost mine a few months ago. Hall's had them in stock.
  5. Enmerdeur Husqvarna
    AA Class

My riding buddy lost his about a month ago. He ordered a new one. I think he put some kind of adhesive on it this time
  6. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yep, really bad conditions! We had to "carry the bikes over the water crossings. Very nice ;=)! Zero degree water=)! My son is crazy. When we come to the crossings he's not afraid! He just keep the speed up and give the 125WR some serious revs and go for it. Many times he gets over where the other guys don't. He's the only young guy and all my friends just laughs when he goes thru the obstacles! I ordered a new hose and nipple today and will do the glueing to keep it in place!

Johnny
  7. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    I lost mine a few weeks ago too. I was riding in the dusty desert, opposite conditions. I covered it with duct tape for the remainder of ride. My oil was real gray as well. I flushed it with a quart of oil. Then did 2 back to back oil changes, just to make sure there wasn't any crap in there still. It was about $4.50 USD for the part from my local Husky shop. I ordered 2 just in case. Kind of a silly design, how the plug just press fits in. I ziptied the new hose to a carb vent hose. This way, the hose wont get caught and pull out the plug again.
  8. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok, then i'm not the only one! Good idea to ziptie it! maybe even drag it up over the carb would work, like some do with the carb vent hoses. Then it won't hook up and it won't suck in any water either. The only thing is that you don't want condensated water to go in.
  9. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    hey johnny my bike would suck water like a camel in deep water crossings rendering the gearbox oil a milkshake when i got home from riding(live in the tropics mate-lotsa water, lots n lots of water!) sick of having to continually change/flush gearbox so got a longer hose and ran it up into airbox along with top 2 carby breather hoses. never had a drama since with water take up or bike stalling mid creek-bit sketchy with salties lurking about but certainly gets ya heart rate up! just make the hose long enough so you can point them downwards(i ziptie mine to subframe rails under seat & tuck em down between airbox/side panels. works a treat mate
  10. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    makes the wr amphibious!
  11. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

yeah, great tip there, Shawbagga! I'll get som long hoses and follow your advice! We'll be riding this Friday i guess so i'll fix that until then. On Saturday it's dynotime for my ported Honda CR 500=)! Will be very intresting to see what it gives with new handbuilt Dynoport pipe and some other mods!
  12. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    that thing will be off chops! you must have a very understanding missus mate:)
  13. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    I lost the whole thing after a stupid branch decided to cross my path :)

Just tap a new fitting Johnny and l run the vent pipe up and along the frame (under the tank) up to/near the top of the triple clamp with a panty hose for a filter...if you are going through water, less likely to suck water from up there.
  14. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

haha! The missus just left the building! I'm solo again and i do what i want, and that includes a lot of playing with my bikes;=)! It's nice to have a good woman, but if she doesn't understand and accept my intrests it won't work, that's it. But i don't complain. There is thousands of them around;=).

Johnny
  15. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok! well, up there it won't have much of a chance to suck water for sure! hanks for the tip!

Johnny