Love Emails like this (Lectron)

Discussion in 'Motosportz' started by Motosportz, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Sometimes I feel like I am sticking my neck out on these recommendations because what works for me might not work for others. The Lectron gig has been about 97% very happy customers with a few people that just cant seem to be happy with them. Been very good. I just got this Email and thought I would share...

Hi Kelly,

First ride with my new Lectron metering carb was a huge success. I've spent the last 12 years riding KTM 200's and never had that kind of consistent, strong power at elevation, regardless of my attempts to jet properly. That little orange bike was pulling switchbacks & steep hills without a touch of the clutch and running super smooth & clean all day. Last weekend I did 48 miles at Devil's Gulch on the stock carb and used 2 gallons of gas. Sunday I did 52 miles at Mad River with the Lectron and used 1.5 gallons of gas. Similar terrain, similar elevation range, way better mileage. Also, no drool out the muffler. All good stuff!

I haven't made any adjustments to the power jet & don't think it's necessary. When is the choke ever needed on this carb?

Lori
    454x and wallybean like this.
  2. Indorider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TZM, Suzuki RGR (2 smokers)
    Nice! Having been in the service industry all of my life I know how rare it is to get an email that makes it all worth it.