Love to ride weekdays, So. Calfornia

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by attyharv, Sep 4, 2010.

1. attyharv Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi, I am new to Husky's. I am an over 60 C+ trail rider and rode KTM's and Yamaha's for the last 5 years. Am interested in an under 235lb street legal four stroke and saw the info on Husky 210 and 310 te's. They look like they fill the bill for my needs except for the seat height. at 5'5" I need to lower the claimed 37.4" seat height. The dealer I spoke to said that the front forks could not be lowered with shorter springs for 2011. Is this true? How much could lowering could I get out of dropping the forks in the triple clamps and getting a lowering link for the rear shock (or adjusting the rear sag)? Would this affect the handling radically. Is there any room to shave the seat?

I would love to hook up with someone who has a 2010 or newer 250/310 te to trade rides with me (I have a real sweet KTm 200 exc). I am also up for any weekday ride in Gorman (Hungry valley OHV in Southern California).

PM if you want to ride. also, if you need free legal advice I am glad to help if I can. I also have some welding skills if you need them. Look forward to meeting some Husky riders.
    Harvey
  2. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husky 210? You probably meant 250? Sorry, but that 2011 TE 310 or 2010+ TE 250's aren't going to be anywhere near 235.
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    There is no lowering link available for the later Huskys. You need to take the shock or the whole bike to somebody who specializes in suspension mods. They will take the shock absorber apart and put in a spacer on the main shaft between the sealhead and the piston assembly and that will make the shock shorter.