low manifold pressure

Discussion in '610/630' started by TE 450 Pilot, Apr 15, 2012.

1. TE 450 Pilot Husqvarna
    AA Class

:excuseme: Had my temp sensor replaced a few weeks ago.

Went for a ride tonight. Bike was hard to start then 15 min later the neutral light starts flashing again. Dealer told me before it would not hurt the bike to keep riding it last time. about 4o KM later the bike starts surging like mad. I stopped to look at it and find the bike running hot enough for my new Klim jacket to melt on the rear of the exhaust. < Nice > I managed to limp home with the revs jumping up and down over a thousand RPM. Almost impossible to start out from a stop.

Bike is now loaded in the back of my truck for a trip to the dealer again. Anyone have any ideas ? I have stock exhaust but a JD Box and the air box opened up. Just over 5,500 KM on the bike

Forward two days...

Looks like mine was not the temp sensor this time. Ibeat shows a repeated error of " low manifold pressure" The bike was acting up a week ago but cleared up. It seems that there is water in a connection between the sensor and the throttle body. Dealer cleaned out water and plug but could not get connection 100%. I had to leave the bike and he is going to work on the throttle body connections.
  2. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think this is the same problem I am having after washing the bike. Did you ever get it solved and how

Ran Ibeat and the error code indicated manifold pressure sensor.
  3. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Water can get in the tps connector and short it.

Have a read of this thread http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/630-erratic-running.31303/
    Prior to that thread it had already had the tps/throttlebody replaced when it threw the low map code.Which they found water in and a busted seal.Not a very good design.
  4. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok.. at this point I've solved my problem. I swapped out the fuel pump, battery, coil, plug, and a few other items from my girlfriends SM630 and none of them resolved the issue.

The MAQS connector was removed and I found water in it.

I was able to solve the problem by running a hair dryer on both the female and male sides of the connector for a period of time and then applying dialectic grease to the connection pins and the engine finally came to life.

I was near swapping the throttle bodies but this solution fixed my problem.
  5. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Does she know she owns a PARTS bike? :lol:
  6. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

yes.. she told me if the parts swap didn't help diagnose the issue with mine that I could always just ride her SM630 if I want.... so it was a win/win situation.

here is my parts bike and my wonderful girlfriend! :D

[IMG]
  7. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Yup, you are a lucky guy!