1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Lower A 08 Cr 125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Scooter Kid, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Scooter Kid Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 CR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX, Honda, KTM
    I am Scooter Kid, I am 14 year old

I am new to the sight. First of all. What a great sight for info.

Kelly, Matt R, wallybean, Walt.

Ton of info.

Still need more, any insight would be appreciated

This is my project for 2012.

I race in the OMRA Cross Country series in Oregon. I won 1st last year. In the Junoir Expert Class.

My dad and I always do things a little different.

My dad bought me a 08 CR 125. Has a 144 kit installed.

Bike just rips, what a great Bike Husky made.

Issue: Bike Height

I am short and need to grow.
    The bike height is the issue, if I am not in front. Height only comes into play at bottlenecks, or when some one else stalls in front of me, ect. If I need to plant a foot, I am screwed.

Need help in lowering the rear end of the bike.

Is the way to lower the rear suspension?
    Seems 08 is kind a off year? I see that companies make a link for a 07 and a 09, but not a 08.
    The 08 seem to have a dog bone arm, like the Japanese bikes. Did Husky try some thing, and it did not work? So they went back to a Euro link design?

This sight Rocks.

Scooter Kid
    [IMG]
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Welcome to the site. WE have the same bike and the same problem. My 08 suspension is all stock and the front seals just started to leak. I called WER and talked to Drew for some time and was told he could lower my bike 1 1/2" without a problem. You are a racer so you may not want to give up that much travel but you could have it lowered an 1" and cut another 1" from your seat foam. Just a couple of suggestion. I'm sure some of the racers can add their suggestions. Glad to hear a young racer on a Husky.
  3. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
  4. Chef Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 Cr165, 09 Wr165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 Husaberg FE650, 07 BMW 650 Dakar
    I had my wife's 08 cr125 lowered 1.5 inches in the suspension. The shop made internal spacers to limit the travel front and back. Then they carved out the seat and got another 1.5 inches. Lowered it by 3 inches overall. Suspension still works very nice and it still has more than either of us would ever need.
  5. bigriver Husqvarna
    AA Class

Daryl at suspension by design did a revalve on my 2008 cr125 forks and just did a cleaning on my 2011 wr250. I know he lowers suspension and has a good rep with the OMRA guys. Great guy and full of knowledge. PM me if you need his info.
  6. bigriver Husqvarna
    AA Class

You cold also cut the sub frame down a little.
  7. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Set your rear sag to at least 105mm and make sure you have the correct fork springs to get 75mm rider sag. You can also drop your forks 10mm. That will make a big difference in seat height believe it or not, without having to lower the bike suspension. You don't want to throw away your travel.