1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Lower seat for new WR 300?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnnymannen, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

does anybody know if there is a lower seat for the new WR 300? I,m on my way to buy a new one and have heard that the seat is higher than my Honda CR 250 i had before. how high is it? Is there an aftermarket seat?
  2. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    i think seat is 950mm but you can do it yourself with an hours labour or just buy cutaway one from dealership...
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Factory 35mm lower seat doesn't fit older style tank and sub frame on WR250-300.
  4. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    so need to diy !
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It's not hard a friend did his 07 Honda 450R it now looks like a custom made spet seat. He used an electric carving knife and smoothed out the cut with a wood rasp. Recovered the seat with the stock cover.
  6. jjhawk Husqvarna
    A Class

Hi,
    I have 2010 WR 300. I'm 173cm.
    My rear shock's stroke has been shortened 6 mm. Now seat height is about 25-30mm lower. It's perfect for me now. Also one step shofter rear spring and fork springs.

Gearbox is not perfect, I miss 6th gear.
  7. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok, sounds good! I actually ordred a new WR 300 today! Feels really great! Happy man now! The bike could arrive next week already if i,m lucky, so that,s a good christmasgift for myself! I sat on a TE 250 in the shop and it was actually lower than i expected. Nice surprice! I guess the bike will get slightly lower after a while when suspension have been working for a few hours. I,m really looking forward to this as it,s the first bike i buy that is new.
  8. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

CONGRATS! Yes a new WR300 good deal. I hope you like power because I hear/read they have plenty and it's all good. My 09 TXC510 suspension settled out a little after a few rides so I think the WR will do the same. Nothing like a NEW BIKE, Merry Christmas to you.
  9. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok. They told me at the bikeshop they could do it and that it wasn,t a big job. I,ll try it first and then i see if it,s ok or not. Thanks anyway!
  10. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes, i hope there is plenty of grunt for the ice in the winter here=)! We make our own tires with 35mm long screws drawn from the inside out. Great wheelies out from the corners on the icetracks we plow on the lakes here! Merry Christmas to you too!
  11. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    GKMA Stake Lake IceRacing Kamloops:D
  12. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles: