1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Lowering a 2011 WR300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Marvin, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Marvin Husqvarna
    C Class

I have a 2011 WR300 and need to loose about an inch of height. I would like to feedback as to the best way to do this w/o changing the way my bike handles. FYI, I'm about 5'-11" @ 195 lbs. I've been thinking about cutting down my seat; however, I can only loose 1/2" max. since the seat is already thin. So, I'll need another 1/2" .... Any Ideas, Pictures of how you accomplished this..
  2. Steve-oh Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04RM250, 05XR100,07PW80,41 Harley
    X2..
    How about a lower profile rear tire with out sacrificing traction?
  3. kx3089 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    I ride a 08 wr 250 and cut 1" off the seat with no ill effects, just stand up more.
  4. Marvin Husqvarna
    C Class

I have been thinking about cutting the seat more... Is the 08WR 250 seat the same as the 2011 WR 300? My seat is already pretty thin.. and depending on the race... 3hrs later... I'm ready to sit down
  5. kx3089 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    It's the same seat.When I cut mine I cut off 3/4" from rear to 1" in center to 1/2" in front,so it didn't lose an inch everywhere.The last race I did was very muddy and I had a lot more seat time than I cared for.I got tired .Total time on bike was 3:08.When sitting I still tried to squeeze the tank with my knees when I could.I felt ok the next day.I'm the same height and weight as you.
  6. Marvin Husqvarna
    C Class

Thanks alot for the info.... I'll cut the same dimensions as you did... by the way... what did you use to cut your seat foam?
  7. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just keep riding it for a few miles. If you only want 1" it's surprising how the suspension loosens up with a few miles you will find the height is reduced and feels much softer. At 5'11 you shouldn't have any height issues.
  8. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    I would kill to be 5'11. I would put a soft foam seat on it.
  9. kx3089 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    I measured and drew a line down each side with a marker then used a hacksaw blade starting at the back being very careful to stay on the lines.I did this with seat on the bike and the numbers I gave are what I took off not what was left , just clarifying.
  10. Marvin Husqvarna
    C Class

kx3089, Did you happen to take any pictures of you doing this? Also, windsurf posted that as my suspension loosens up that I will loose some height; has anyone measured their seat height before and after... just curious how much I will loose
  11. kx3089 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Sorry, no pics.Seat height is about 36

Sorry, no pics.Seat height is about 36 7/8".My subframe is tweaked upward just a bit. The suspension was revalved and the springs are a little heavier.Shock went from 5.2 to 5.4 Forks .42 to.44.I doubt that makes much of a difference in height though.