Lowtide viewing from Danao City

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ray_ray, Jun 20, 2014.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Not alot here but something new and maybe 1 or 2 of the videos from the playsport camera might be a little interesting...

I see this tide action about every day but had always thought the area uncovered when the tide goes out would be very slick.. And it is in places but as you can see where I was at, the ocean has grass covering the bottom provided traction.

08 WR250 -- Eastern view towards Leyte Island
    102_1411_result.JPG

North view
    102_1415_result.JPG

Westward view back to shore.
    102_1417_result.JPG

Southern view -- A person could ride all that I think, but not me ... Not sure what a crash might do out there to my skin... But if you did ride it a couple times, you would probably draw a crowd. 102_1421_result.JPG
    268fords likes this.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    A view of the water and its somewhat clear, even this close to a city. (See last pics for crystal clear water)
    102_1422_result.JPG

I think this is a starfish ... Thats about the only thing I've seen in the ocean that is blue and laying on the bottom.
    102_1426_result.JPG

Here's some smaller starfish ...Lots were out there.
    102_1427_result.JPG

Not sure what this creature is ...
    102_1428_result.JPG
    juicypips and 268fords like this.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    All those little pools are like miniature aquariums ...

Here's a seabeast :)
    102_1429_result.JPG

The seabeast lives! Watch its' head .. Looks with it has multiple tongues...

View: http://youtu.be/ST2SQKW8iQE

--

A little better look at my bike and the ocean floor... Ocean floor perfect, 08 WR250 !perfect.
    102_1433_result.JPG
    268fords likes this.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    For everyone who has not learned to read the tide movement ...Find anyplace where the water is moving (@12 sec mark) ...The water will be flowing towards the shore or out to sea, indicating if the tide is coming in or going out.

View: http://youtu.be/cTePpTNvQWM
    268fords likes this.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Little better view back to the shoreline... Always people out here living off the fat of the land :) .. All probably friendly ... But, but, but .. stay away from that grp of girls on the seawall unless you want some real action...Not combat action, not web action, but real action:)
    102_1447_result.JPG

Here's a 360 degree view of the area..

View: http://youtu.be/77Wf7sy8WFA
    268fords and robertaccio like this.
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    For comparision purposes, here is blue starfish from another trip I took to Samar.... Water is at least 1.5 feet deep here ...Now this is crystal clear ...makes the water above look a little cloudy.
    100_0863_result.JPG

And there was tens of thousands of starfish here also .... This area had no real cities close and pollution had to be low.
    100_0855_result.JPG
    268fords and robertaccio like this.
  7. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310

Sea Urchins are good to eat.
  8. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    Yes sir, I'd be scarfing down that fresh Uni. a knife and a lime is all you need, ray_ray looks like a bit of paradise and some awfully diverse riding you have to enjoy there for sure. Even the girls
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I don't know anything about Uni(?) but everyday people are out there during low tide ... Maybe I should join them as I like living off the fat of the land :) .. Sounds easy enough with only a knife and lime necessary ...Plenty of those around here. Low tide twice a day ...

Cebu is pretty cool for all-day type rides and overnight trips for 3-4 days on-island I guess and that is fine with me on these MX model bikes I have, plus I'm pretty much a home-boy. Even if I ride a ferry to another island where there is more land mass, ~30MPH on the hardtop is still fast enough to get around most of these islands except maybe the Luzon area.

The very southern part of Luzon is ~OK but once you get in the Bicol area and further north to the Manila, too many people for one thing. (Might be a little active rebel action up there and to the east also ...) North of Manila on the top side of Luzon, too big for me up there. Probably very good riding over in that fat chunk of land, but I like the door-to-door riding I do now :) Probably been on 10 islands and I'll say Cebu is the best riding, all things considered.

The girls might be the only thing to prohibit the dirt bike riding here ... I mean, if you came over and played with the gals as they want you to play, considering the sheer number of gals here that wanna play, you might get distracted from riding and energy levels might go downward? ... At least that is ~true for this 1 old guy with 1, and only 1, GF ... And I'm not taking about Angeles City action. I'm referring to ~every street corner I've been on here, the potential to score Kobe type stuff is all too possible. This is just the culture here and way of life... And yep, being from the west, its hard to believe and understand but if you can wash the previous way of life from your brain, it can be a small ~paradise for some. Do not confuse these words with a 'western world, donald trump paradise'. Just not nearly the same paradise.

Hope those words do not offend anyone here as it has so often in the past here :) .. But we have a new Cafe, thanks to the ktm buyout (I think) with lots more open-minded, interesting people here now I do believe :) ...

--

This gives a little better idea of the number of star-fish on this beach area....I walked lots and lots out there as the guy I was riding with slept. The first 100 yrds or so heading out was solid in their coverage on the bottom.
    100_0874_result.JPG