1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Making my WR300 street legal

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by firecrotch, Apr 14, 2011.

1. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    So Washington state is signing into law Monday a bill to allow you to make any dirt bike street legal. I almost cant believe it. There are hundreds of fireroads near my house.
    Anyway I already have a plate and front headlight only. Can someone out there direct me where I could peice together what elese I would need? Blinkers, rear light, folding mirrors. I saw trickdualsport.com but nothing is listed for Huskys.
  2. hogwackr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    18 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 HD Street Glide
    I'm currently looking into a Tusk dual sport kit from Rocky Mtn. Atv. You can get the kit for $180 bucks with a rechargeable battery and led lights! They don't list them for a wr 300. I trying to figure out which one I need as we speak. I'm thinking one from a kick start KTM will be the best bet. I'll let you know when I figure it out.
  3. WVdag Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250 W/300 kit, 2013 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    1987 Harley FXLR 10th year edition
    I got my stuf from procycle. They had everything I needed, maybe not the cheapest price but as I said they have it all.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    is that for sure? If so [IMG]
  5. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
  6. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

the tail light can be used off any new 4 stroke. i have one on order. call halls cycles and talk to jeff. tell him your looking for the led tail light and rear fender frank ordered. OEM
  7. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Might look at the euro spec bikes, they come street legal, so there is a factory harness out there.
  8. cowboy86 Husqvarna
    A Class

as far as legal goes you dont need blinkers in wa ,thats what iv been told annyways..
  9. kzoo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 295
    I got my WR250 plated in Michigan. I suspect your 300 will require the same things as mine. I bought a read tail light assembly from sicass racing. http://sicassracing.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41_43_84&products_id=191

I also put a 4ah Nimh battery pack in the air box to power my horn and GPS. GAS GAS has an AC horn (equipped with rectifier) so you don't even need that. However, since I use a GPS I still need the battery and I can run the GPS all day on the 4ah pack.

I also bought a reg/rec from trail tech but haven't worked up the ambition to wire it in so I'm running lights etc... on AC.
  10. skaterportland Husqvarna
    A Class

On my WR125 I have the Tusk LED kit w/blinkers in handguards, I think it was for a 2006 KTM 250xc. Just call Rocky Mountain and they will help you out. I am not running my headlight through the kit, but if you have to pass inspection then you may have to set it up so the battery powers the headlight? Not to hard to do. My buddies have used Sicass and Baja Kits but I did not want to spend $500+ and some of the parts matched up to be the same as the Tusk... Good luck.
  11. epie Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 250
    All the lighting parts are available for the WR250/300 from Europe OEM. I ordered mine through MFI and had them in about 2-3 weeks. You can find the Eurpeon micro fiche on any of the Husky websites outside the US. Husky Australia is how I accessed it for myself. There you will find the optional wireing harness which includeds the front and rear brake switch wires, brake switches, handlebar switch, optional rear fender extender which is actually quite sturdy as long as you get the metal frame to go with it. I have my bike legal for NJ and all the components are OEM which mount up very clean of course.
    Eric @ P3
  12. schrode Husqvarna
    AA Class

don't buy anything yet. we don't know if they're going to us fed or state regs as the requirements. nothing can be done until jan. 2012 anyway. i just talked to jeff today and they're waiting to hear what requirements will be. they'll be doing inspections once the program is up and running.