1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR STOCK WR FUEL TANK

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by huskybear, Jun 4, 2012.

1. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    Greetings every-one check out my post #61 in my thread "NEW" 2010 WR144 for a neat mod!
  2. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
    That's a great idea.I never realised how much gas actually sits on that side.
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I don't have the little WR, but that would work on all of them, I suppose. I had forgotten to top off my tank on my 300 one time and was unpleasantly surprised to have the engine quit running out on the trail!:doh: I flipped the fuel tap to reserve and putted along till the motor began to idle up again, then stopped and laid the bike over onto the left side so that I could continue on back to the staging area. There is at least a few miles worth lurking around in the right side of the tank for sure.
  4. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    I had the misfortune of doing that myself on my KTM... Lucky for me it was in the woods behind my house and I was lucky enough to limp it on home.... Pushing that beast in the woods ain't something that's a whole lot of fun ....:excuseme:
  5. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Try running out of fuel with a flat rear tire and pushing your bike through the woods back to your truck while the sun is going down.Been there-hated life for a while:thumbsdown:!
  6. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV

I'd be hating life too if that happened to me........
  7. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    It's all good,like the saying goes "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger". Funny though, when it happened saying it over in my head was almost as bad as the situation:lol:! I should have bought a lottery ticket that day,what are the odds of getting a nail in your tire in the middle of no-where and running out of fuel after several near romantic encounters with trees and the ground? After the tire went flat it partially came off the rim and was only attached by the bead lock, for some reason it was not the ideal set-up for wet roots and muddy trails.Has any-body ridden a 3-legged horse on a skating rink? I think I did!Hope you enjoyed this,I think I'm still having flash-backs:lol::cheers:!