Mantija Creek backside connection ride.

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ray_ray, Jul 10, 2014.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    This ride here is pretty typical of what I do here alot ... With so much riding time, I have to limit the distance and difficulty of many rides and try to make them a little more interesting by looking at the terrain I'm riding in. With the voyager GPS, I can see the different rides I've done in the past and then I'll try to connect the different areas together to make longer rides for the future, when the terrain allows connecting the trails ..

This ride report is maybe 4-5 miles one way from my house ... So the round trip is 15 miles or so depending on the route I choose going into a specific area ... Depending on how early I start, I can stop and start and take pics and spend time with the local people along the way ... As boring as that sounds, I call it a good time :)

This GPS pic shows the essence of the ride today, by the numbers ... I'm running along a ridge line that splits at the number #1 location. At that fork, you can see both trails (in blue) go down to the same river, separated by that spur ... Both end up at pretty cool, scenic views of the creek. I've been putting pics out on these locations maybe 3 yrs now ...I really like this area.

Anyway, I go to the right and down that spur to the creek at point #2, and ride the creek around to point #3 ... Only about a 1/2++ mile or so in that backloop but its scenic and isolated .. Only people back there are workers on some days and a home or 2 ...
    Mantija_Backloop.jpg

--

So what do you take into an isolated area? A 2t bike. A 250cc Husky 2t bike... Seen alot of creeks here but not too many with all this different colored water as shown here. Usually either clear running water or deeper pools of ~standing water with the off-color green to identify it is deep water. Sometimes a little green moss in places, but usually all 3 types of water and colors in the same area does not happen. 100_1823_result.JPG

The light was very good and my kodak playsport camera was excelling on the water colors
    100_1826_result.JPG

You can see here the clear water is flowing but it does not really effect all the moss(?) growing in the stream.
    100_1829_result.JPG
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Back in my home state of AR, a place like this would be crawling in water moccasins (cotton mouths) and you would have to take care not to get bitten... There might be a snake here, but unlikely and not too big a deal. But I do watch where I walk and never reach down to the ground without kicking around the area in those big boots we all wear when riding ..
    100_1832_result.JPG

100_1836_result.JPG

Creeks getting a little wider here :0)
    100_1838_result.JPG

Here's a home and waterline ..When I saw this and that dog, I knew I was returning to level ~2 of isolation ...
    100_1841_result.JPG
    The places in the creek where it is all rock under the water ... No traction at all ... The bike or even your feet will just about instantly slide out from under you if you are not aware.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    This is the fork in the creek at point #4 ... I've been down it (to the left side) also a 1/4 mile or so ... Starts getting a little too gnarly for me to ride alone ... Might try it later some day though.
    100_1842_result.JPG

This is back around at point #3, familiar territory ... I really like this location ... The creek changes it look according to the water flow ...
    100_1855_result.JPG

Not sure what kind of rock this here but it looks cool to me.

100_1866_result.JPG

100_1862_result.JPG
    This pic is the backside of the previous pics.. Not sure why but that is not a rock wall in the water as it appears...Just a row of rocks the locals have placed across the water...
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    This pic is of the same area ...Its sort of the default setting for the small towns \ villages here ..

Homes on the left, a stage and basketball court in the middle of the pic, and a chapel on the right ..
    100_1871_result.JPG

Here is the school for the area also ..Schools may or may not be this close to a village\Sitto.

The guy who runs the small store there is from Malaysia ... That's his yamaha ... He speaks english well and its always nice to meet people from other countries \ societies to get a real view of what their lives are all about in their native lands AND get their prospective on my homeland.
    100_1872_result.JPG

This is also his cactus(?) plant ... He hoping it grows and produces something he can sell here. He told me what it was but I forgot ...
    100_1867_result.JPG
    Expect to see more of this plant because I'll be back :)

There was a Asian Mountain bike race (ASERN Cup race) that was happening on my way home ...They built in right where we ride bikes :) ... Very technical course with a few small cool jumps ... Guess what? They left the track intact and we dirt bike riders are on this track now :)
    But that is a another thread or least a video of a Husky running that track...
    100_1875_result.JPG
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here's some small videos made with my playsport camera ...

I'm always trying to get some wild-life \ Tarzan type sounds on audio here but just not alot of wild jungle sounds to capture ...Except for the lizards and they do not sound off too long ... Probably like lighting 3 cigarettes on a single match type thing ..

I did get some locus sounds this time.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZQdSYG0Zhc

--

I'm sure you will recognize the 2-legged beast crying at the start of this video

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J9JaBH9PF0

--

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teGECJIUUow

--

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdrcLBgqQLw&feature=youtu.be
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    This ride was a month or so ago ... Its rained alot since then so I'll be heading back into this area in a few days I hope to see the changes :)
  7. jimjim Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    gasgas
    Great pics,very lucky to have the jungle in your backyard.