March Dirt Bike Shootout

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Mike Kay, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well, we finally hit the big time. The shoot out of the 450's includes a Husky. :thumbsup:

They hated the front forks (i'm guessing the bike wasnt broken in, nor set up right) but otherwise liked the bike. They had a TXC450 vs. 5 other bikes.

Of course the Honda got the final word.

Anyway, it really hit me, that finally we are sitting at the cool table with the big kids. :cheers:
  2. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

May issue of Dirt Rider has a shoot too.
    BMW 450 VS
    CRF450X VS
    Husaberg FE450 VS
    Husky TE450 VS
    Kawi KLX450R VS
    KTM450XC-W VS
    Yami WR450F

Hus FE450 won,

Husky was basically compared to an XR400 nice trail bike :lol:

They also tested the new TC250, that got great reviews, they can't wait to get their hands on a long term test aquisition.
  3. Swampds Husqvarna
    AA Class

I like my trail bike! :applause:

It is ike a XR400 because it has two wheels and it is red. The only difference is that it has twice the hp. Those limp wristed writers couldn't twist the stock tube far enough to poop in their pants.
  4. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Dirt Bike tested a TXC450 against other off road 450's.
    It seemed like a fair fight. All off road bikes. Its too bad the TXC wasnt set up better. Kinda have to point a finger at Husky NA for not setting it up, but its a minor point and bottom line is the test was a success.

Dirt Rider testing a TE450 street legal bike against the non-street legal bikes seems odd to me. Would have been better to test it against the DRz400, BMW, Beta and the BMW. All street legal. Not sure if its Husky NA that brought the wrong bike (better to bring a TXC?), or Dirt Rider that mixed pure dirt bikes with street legal dirt bikes. Have to wonder too if the TE needed to be 'opened up' or if it was 100% stock.

No press is better than bad press. Its super important the bikes are delivered to the magz 100% broken in, set up, and fine tuned. Judging by the articles, that didnt happen. No excuse for testers getting a bike with harsh forks.
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    The Husky TE wins, if for no other reason than it is street legal and doesn't weigh a ton. Those are important considerations here in Southern California, where we have less and less off road areas to chose from. I went trail riding yesterday in Anza Borrego state park. Lots of off road riding there, if you have a street legal machine.
  6. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Ditto, that's the reason I ended up with one! Didn't know squat about Husky's until about a year ago, they weren't advertised openly. A fellow on TT's KLX forum mentioned the Husky TE's as a strong off road AND street legal machine for people wanting something beyond the gutless 250. Word of mouth, you could say. I only wish there was a TE 900, this 510 just isn't enough bike for me:busted: :lol:
  7. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

8. Wetdog Husqvarna
    AA Class

I flipped through the mag at the grocery store but dismissed it after I read the TXC has 5 gears. Did I read it wrong or did they actually state that? Another recent magazine test of the TXC 510 made the same claim. :excuseme:
  9. Wellsy Husqvarna
    B Class

I know, I read the dirt rider review on the te450 and was wondering what bike they were riding. They only thing I can figure is that it was still plugged up.
  10. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Ya My TE510 Has 5 gears.....and a "Overdrive".:lol::lol::lol:
  11. nick_m Husqvarna
    B Class

shoot outs

at least the guys at Dirt Rider were honest enough to name the best bike in the shoot out, rather than the one with the most advertising dollars spent. Dirt Bike actually named the KTM as the best, but had good things to say about most all the bikes, even the Beta. Dirt Rider totally bagged on the Beemer, stating that it had "the worst suspension we have ever tested"!:eek: Bottom line is that the Huskys are great bikes, as are the others, but wich one fits you best depends on your riding style/preference.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    You mean they get to sit with us, the Ferrari of dirt bikes. :thumbsup:

I spent today showing 3 new KTM 300's the ass end of a 04 CR125 husky :D
  13. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I just got the issue of DR with the shoot out in it and read it. It just seemed like a weird mix for a shoot out....:confused: