McCain ride 12/27/09

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by TrailPunter, Dec 28, 2009.

1. TrailPunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

I went to McCain Valley yesterday with a buddy and the conditions were perfect. Mid forties with a slight breeze from the east. The surface was dry with only a little dust, and just underneath was nice and tacky. We only met two other riders out on the trails. The other 50 to 60 people there were all pit racers. I had put a fresh set of MT-21's on the rims, and a PowerNow in the carb. I can't understand why, but I am so thankful that these folks stay within 200 yards of their trucks/vans/toy haulers. Absolutely beautiful day. The BLM Ranger even waved back while we were on the main (plate req) road. I'll be out there again on Friday with another group. Hopefully the conditions will be similar.

Later

Mike
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I have noticed that too.:excuseme: They drive all that way to race back and forth and round and round in that one little spot and I'm glad that they do too.:notworthy:

I'll probably mosey on out there later this week, since I didn't get to finish last weeks ride.

Psssst. Yer thread needs some pitchurs.:D
  3. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

LR and I rode out there about 2 weeks ago, when it was drizzling and conditions were epic.

A buddy and I rode this past saturday and Rob Nantista and I rode there this morning...Conditions are still epic. Nobody there today, like our own private trail network. We try and stay off the quad trails anyway, since we hammer our own stuff....Rob did the vertical rock climb today, very nice...

I'm going tuesday morning, taking 2 Mex. guys and Rob and crew will be out there as well....

Conditions are still good, lots of moist dirt underneath...

Oh darn, time to go to work :banghead:

Mitch.