me on the 144 vid

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Motosportz, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  2. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    I like hearing the sound of the 144 up ahead of Jake's bike :lol: A friend of mine just shot me dropping down off the Sherman Pass Trail, and I can hear my bike up ahead of his YZ250F. It cracks me up, for some reason :)

Looks like decent conditions, too. The dark dirt is visible under the top coat of dry stuff.

WoodsChick
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Perfect conditions, like damp coffee grounds.
  4. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

looks like a very fast trail,where are the rocks!!!
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Very cool video thanks for sharing. I like the trails too but some of those downed trees look pretty close!
  6. kashlak Husqvarna
    A Class

Every time i see a thread on the 144 i want one more and more! I really need to hit the loto!
  7. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

How can you guys ride without any dust?????
  8. BentAero Husqvarna
    A Class

...or sand whoops, or rocks?

That vid makes that trail seem so smooth. I'd love to ride there someday.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    That section is smooth. The rest is root infested step-up for miles. Seriously. I'll find some other vid of the area. Also wide angle cams flatten everything. There is some of everything here. Smooth flowing. Rocky, sandy, STEEP, hill climbs, etc. I seen a few of the trails up there turn men into gello. (bishop), great place to ride.
  10. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

11. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    The bike is running pretty clean, not much 2 banger smoke at all. What fuel/oil ratio are you running at?
  12. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Man, I wish we had trails like that here! I guess I'll have to live vicariously through the rest of you guys. :D

I spent 6 days MTBing in Vancouver BC once. I guess that kinda counts.
  13. Aquavarna Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE310
    Nice stuff

Nice trail, where are yoiu guys at? I am guessing Oregon or Idaho based on the big trees. The lack of rocks really ups the fun factor, and the sound on the video is good quality. FOr a couple of tired guys you were crankin along very well!!!
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    about 50-1 Amsoil. Love that stuff. Looked new inside at 1200 miles or so when i installed the 144.

this area is between St Helens and Adam in Washington state.

Jake was able up upload and i can clone so here are some more vids from the day is you care...

http://motosportz.smugmug.com/Motor...trailwrok/12827019_MTwvc#933322813_gPtPA-A-LB

http://motosportz.smugmug.com/Motor...trailwrok/12827019_MTwvc#933342053_h843B-A-LB

http://motosportz.smugmug.com/Motor...trailwrok/12827019_MTwvc#933354096_RVzDY-A-LB

These guys were talking about the 125. Seems to fascinate people.

http://motosportz.smugmug.com/Motor...trailwrok/12827019_MTwvc#933366023_2iB8z-A-LB

http://motosportz.smugmug.com/Motor...trailwrok/12827019_MTwvc#933433889_DsnH5-A-LB
  15. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nice videos...hauling arse! Good job on Jake keeping right on your butt to get the video...that is not easy.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Just trail riding not racing, tired from trail work (lots of hand sawing after Jake broke the saw) and packing tools too. Not that Jake has any issues keeping up with me. :D
  17. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

The only way to get good video is to stick to the backside of the rider in front of you...literally have to be glued to their rear tire. Otherwise, with the wide angle lens, it looks like like you're further away than you actually are. It's hard for me to watch video of trail riding without a rider in front (boring), as it gives you no perspective on trail conditions and speed. That's why I really enjoy Jake's races because there are bikes all over the place at various points...banging bars, passing, getting passed, yells, cat calls...LOL!
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    yep. I have been on Adams rear tire, I mean inches off and it still looks 6 feet away. they do a remarkable job though. Wish there were settings for how much wide angle to no wide angle.
  19. muddy guy Husqvarna
    B Class

Nice camera work. Gotta get a GoPro and anti up some vid from Manitoba. We got sand and more sand up here. Very inspiring footage. Great stills as well. Love the chain saw pics. No eye protection while sawing... Be careful fellow husqvarmint.