Mexico to Canada 3yrs. in the making

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Stroker Ace, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello: The Mexico to Canada dual sport event is the reason I got back into bikes and being a Husky fan I decided the 610 would be the ultimate weapon and I was right. I got Georges first '07 model in Jan. 2007, in Aug. 07 it was stolen !!

Story here; http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-584690.html

The next couple of years were all preparation for this ride. We decided to do the second half first, Fallon Nevada to the Canadian border. I was swamped in the middle of the summer working on bikes in a 110degree garage when we get an email asking if we could help a guy from Europe get his bike and get set up. WOW, long story short.... I'm now in charge of 2009 KTM 690R, it's registerd and insured under my friends name and owned by a total strager in the Czech-Republic ! I went through the bike and put 300mi. on it, did the first oil change and haven't even met the owner yet ! This guy either has more money than brains or is the most trusting person in the world !
    Finally our guest arrives and we decide to go for a test ride and falls over right on the garage floor "This is going to be a loooonnnggg trip" or so we thought. As it turned out he's a super good rider, races a Husky back home and turned out to be an awesome riding partner (he hit his foot on the fender bag by accident, but never again).

So being that he came so far to do this, and he's a Husky rider I just had to take him to "Husky" and Ransburg on our way to Nevada.......

[IMG]

[IMG]

Found my Elvis cologne under the orange cone and splashed up but Michal didn't want to try it.... in case your wondering, yes I made him watch Timerider with me the night before we left to mentally prepare for this adventure First impressions are everything you know

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Now on to Fallon,

Here's our leader getting ready, 1600mi with this guy????????

[IMG]

The chase truck and the group... only 9 riders.....

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. lairpost Husqvarna
    A Class

More please :popcorn:
  4. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

And now.... we ride.....

Black Rock Desert, Burning Man site in background.....

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I put a Cafe Husky sticker on the chase truck.....

[IMG]
  5. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Water crossing somewhere....

[IMG]

Turtle crossing somewhere...

[IMG]

Water crossing

[IMG]

Another water crossing somewhere else....

[IMG]

Bridge crossing water but I know this is Montana somewhere

[IMG]
  6. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Hey! It's been 24 hours with no new posts or pictures :mad:

Get on it, man! I'm waiting!

WoodsChick
  7. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    I need my fix...:notworthy:

More pictures please.

:cheers:
  8. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok.... here we go......

This is what happens when a KTM tries to outrun an Uptite 610... Yes, bike and rider are down in those bushes, I thought we would need a truck to pull him out but the young European was in very good shape and we were able to muscle it back on to the road and continue on with no harm done......

[IMG]

Montana singletrack.....

[IMG]

Singletrack Montana style

[IMG]

Somewhere in Idaho....
    [IMG]

Somewhere in Idaho

[IMG]

This is after I had some REAL French Toast for breakfast !

[IMG]
  9. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

On the ride we came upon a herd of cattle being driven down the road, almost hitting a Deer got to be so common we stopped telling each other about it. Michal and I followed a hopping Doe down a road for a 1/4mi. before she finally took off. I don't know why Deer think they have to all of a sudden cross the road to be safe when if they would stay put they would be even safer I rode up on a big Antelope but it ran away before I could get the picture. On the last day I rode up face to face with a Black Bear He waited for me to get the camera ready to shoot then bailed over the side of the road, so no cigar on that one either. At one time I was engaged in a speed contest with a couple of 530 KTM's, got out in front, came into a corner too hot with a bald rear tire and slid clear off the road into the grass and watched the big cliff get closer and bigger by the second and stopped about 2 feet short of being dashed to bits by the jagged rocks below !!! Man this bike has saved my ass more times than I can count !

Oh yeah, I didn't have room for the High Output Feather Duster so I left it at home and I got the flat tire this time up on some mountain about 2:30pm with 70mi. of dirt to go !!! Now I don't know what to do !! Guess I'll have to pack it with me every ride from now on !!

Check out this old truck.....

[IMG]
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Wasn't it you that had the completely bald tire at the Husky memorial about 1.5 years ago? It appears you at least have some tread on the tire based on the pictures :thumbsup:

Looking forward to more pics :)
  11. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah you're right... The pictures your seeing are before the last day. We all started with new tires but they were getting bad by day four. The roads are very well manicured but they had a layer of gravel on them too. It was on the last day when I did the slide out thing, but I wasn't the only one, the KTM guys all slid off the road at time or another, in fact one of spun out completely after I did the cliff thing. Our European friend slid off the road several times. It was as common as almost hitting Deer.

I did you proud Dean..... We were told by the Canadian police to stop taking pictures of the sign at the boreder, so put a "Cafe Husky" sticker on it and got one last picture.......

[IMG]

[IMG]
  12. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's about it for my photobucket album but you can see much much more on the website our European friend built. Check it out, it's awesome !!

http://dev.interprise.cz/Home.aspx

Click on "media" and there are hundreds more pictures etc.
  13. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

HUSQVARNA

BUILT TO CONQUER THE EARTH

[IMG]
  14. petem Husqvarna
    A Class

Please tell me you got to that point by doing a huge stoppy? :notworthy:
  15. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Now that WOULD have been cool !!!
  16. petem Husqvarna
    A Class

Attached Files:

17. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Is that dramatic pic in Idaho near the Canadian border.?

I know I've been to a point in the road that looked very much like that.
  18. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Man that's awesome !! that's my new desktop, Thanks mucho !!
  19. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

No, the cliff shot is Steens mtn. in Oregon unless you mean a different picture?????
  20. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda

Boy, those stickers keep showing up in the craziest places! Why, just last week I was high up on a mountaintop just north of the Black Rock desert and you'll never guess what I saw...

[IMG]

WoodsChick