Mexico to Canada Part Deux and a 1/2

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Stroker Ace, May 3, 2010.

1. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good morning ladies and gentlmen: I'm leaving today for the second half of the Mex to Can dual sport ride, (actually the first half). We had to do the second half first (last August) and the first half second. This is the way my life goes. Due to out of control circumstances, I can only do half of this half!!! Life aint easy for the old Stroker Ace!!! The ride starts at the border at Tecate and finishes 5 days later in Fallon Nevada. I'll be joining the group in Idyllwild this evening and going to Barstow tomorrow. Then to Lone Pine on Wed., my wife will meet me there with the truck and we'll come home thurs. Yes I have mentally prepared myself by watching Timerider and Roustabout with Elvis Presley. The High output Feather Duster will be on this trip I'm going to dust Jerry Counts bike with it heh.... heh...
    I now have a new helmet cam. so I'll have video clips and pictures for the report when I get back. I've missed chatting with everybody this winter but my computer was on the fritz (among other things) But I have done a lot of riding at the North Salton Sea area so I have been down but not out. Gotta go dust my bike and load up.........

See you soon.......
  2. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

3. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wow.. I misspelled Canada and screwed up the 1/2 in the title. I'm really rusty....... sorry about that.....
  4. BCVisin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Can't wait to see the report and video. I'll be following you on SPOT!

-Blake
  5. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks Blake... I'll be out of here in about an hour.... It looks like the rest of the group is almost to Warner Springs....
  6. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda

I used my superpowers to fix it for you :)

Have fun and let us know what a good time you had:thumbsup:

WoodsChick
  7. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi All: Thanks a million Tami... I was a little off that night.... Well I'm back safe and sound..... pictures and video coming soon. (ssshhhh.... I have helmet video of me passing 3 KTM's on a dirt road ) There were 8 KTM's, 2 Huskies, 2 KLR's.) Awesome weather, awesome routes, awesome scenery!!! The other Husky is in Tonapah, he was the first in, and will finish in Fallon Nv. tomorrow. I'll get to the pictures and "enhanced" description ASAP.

Later.....
  8. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok folks, here we go.... Day 2 ( my first day) In front of the cabin in Idyllwild..

[IMG]
  9. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

10. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok... looks like I can make all of this work, so I'll get more on here ASAP.... Thanks...
  11. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Man I was surrounded by orange....

[IMG]

[IMG]
  12. Reddog Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the pictures and video.:cheers:
  13. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Like the video, how the engine sounds so “relax” while you’re railing those oranges :D

:thumbsup:
  14. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah... I LOVE that 610..... More pics and clips coming... all of the clips are loaded on you tube now but the best ones are just stories now.... seems I had a bad memory card and things didn't work quite right so I guess I'll have to do the ride all over again and duplicate every scenario....
  15. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Rolled truck on Poppet Flats rd. Hasn't been there very long....

[IMG]

[IMG]

My buddy comin' down the road..

[IMG]

Old Stage coach stop on Poppets...

[IMG]

Between Landers and Johnson Valley

[IMG]

Ramada Inn, Barstow

[IMG]
  16. rajobigguy Administrator

Wow Bro, you were hoofing it pretty good in a few spots there. Especially when you got those pumpkins lined up in the gun sight.:thumbsup:
  17. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey little brother, how are ya???? I had to make a good showing, I thought George might see the clip..... LOL...LOL...
  18. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

This is between Hinkley and Kramer

[IMG]

Entrance to Ballarat

[IMG]

Ballarat motel/jail
    [IMG]

This is Ballarat Bill, Been there since the discovery of gold !

[IMG]
  19. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Lunch at Panamint Springs. The KTM guys were sitting at the patio tables flirting with a bunch of 20 something year old girls, so went down the road a piece and blew by the cafe on the rear wheel and sped on up the highway ! ( I had to steal thier thunder a little) but nobody got pictures so I can embelish all I want!!!

[IMG]

Old mine on the way to Darwin,

[IMG]

[IMG]

Living ghost town of Darwin...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

This is one of the residents

[IMG]