1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Might trade for a 2010 cr125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by yzrider, Jun 12, 2013.

1. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 yz250f 197? rickman zunpaap 125
    I might be trading my baby (2009 yz250f with 20 hours on it and many upgrades) for a 2010 husky cr125. The guy says it has maybe 6 hours on it and the 144 kit still in the packaging. What changes has husky came out with since the 2010? I read that mxa article where they had pc port the 144 cylinder and had pretty massive gains I think I may go that route. Im a b class mx rider and miss my two strokes badly. I also am so extremely drawn to the husky because of how much room it has around the motor. I know thats a strange reason but if you have ever worked on an aluminum frame modern 4 stroke im sure you can see why thats so appealing. Removing the carb on my bike is like a search and rescue mission.

Anyone think Ill regret the move?

Below are the bikes in question. Since the picture was taken my bike has gotten brand new tires, new grips, new oversized rotor and a quick turn throttle. The husky sure does look clean though.

WP_000704.jpg husky.jpg
  2. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    You might want to pm wallybean and motosportz they both know a lot about the 125/144/165
  3. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Search frame flex and cracks. We used an 09 WR for MX/HS and the 09 frame cracked, we dumped the bike with the replacement frame they gave us as it was flexing a lot and would soon be cracked too IMO. The 09 CRs were recalled and cut in half fwiw, the 2010 frame looked identical. Sounds like Halls has a reinforcement process, give them a call. You can see they addressed it on the 2013, which after 09 is the only one I'd buy unless I was a casual trail guy.
  4. duey Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 ktm xc 2008 ktm 250 sx
    My 09 came from Hall's yes give them a call it's on it's 4th year racing hasn't been reinforced but a friend's has looks simple I've loved the bike strong motor's
  5. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    You won't regret it, especially if you love feeling like a hero on the 2smoker... That thing turns on a dime!
  6. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I thought the frame issues were only on the 250/300?
  7. yzrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 yz250f 197? rickman zunpaap 125
    Breaking the frame sounds like a pretty major issue. Id never heard of that on these bikes before. Halls isn't exactly local to me to bring it in for frame modifications. This doesn't sound too good. I was pretty excited thinking about making a fire breather out of the husky.
  8. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I don't know man it's your call. But I don't think I've read of it actually happening to someone here yet. I say if you want it, get it.
  9. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

It happened to my son's 09 bike, and the 2010 warranty replacement was flexing like it was built of rubber too. He broke head stays every ride.
  10. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    They replaced 09 frames with 10 frames. I don't think you will have a problem here. I have an 09 WR, with over 240 hours of abuse, and I just took it to the frame less than 20 hours ago. No issues anywhere, no cracks, nothing... I think the problem bike was the 09 CR125. Bill of BMP, got a couple, updated them with 2010 frames, and two of my riding buddies bought them, and have had 0 issues that I know of. They are on here. PC, and JMetteer. JMetteer probably has the most hardcore hours on this bike out of anyone I know. Send him a PM if you are concerned.

And yes, the headstays were weak. Luckily when I bought mine, they were updated the the newer version, and I again have had 0 issues.
  11. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

We went thru countless head stay versions. They even sent us sets that weren't even close to fitting. I'm glad some didn't have any problems, but there were those who did for sure. Our bike was a WR125 BTW, they used the same frames anyway. I believe they figured the WR wouldn't be used that harshly so they let them slide thru.
  12. Aviduser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 cr 165
    Guess I'm glad to be on my "archaic" '08.

I've heard a few things about frame issues once they redesigned them but didn't think it was very common.
  13. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Not that common because they literally destroyed all the CR versions in 09.