Mika Ahola retires (credit from Offroad Champions)

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by robertaccio, Jan 3, 2012.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    After 21 years of Enduro competitions at the age of 37 Ihave come to a decision that took a lot of self-examination and soul-searching. The outcome was that I don’t have anymore enough ambition to continue so I will retire from racing. I have given everything I’ve got for this sport and although it has taken much, it has given me back more than I could have ever imagined when I started racing. First I won everything in my homeland, Finland, and become the fastest snow rider in the world. Then I threw myself in the world championships riding for different Italian teams and proved myself to be fast but 5 times landing just one position short of a world champion’s title. Then, against all odds I started winning world titles at the age when most talked about retiring. It has been a hell of a ride: 5 consecutive world titles won in all three categories and the last one won as the oldest champion of the history! With these new world records set on 2011 I feel my ambition for this sport completely satisfied. You can add up also 3 overall champion’s title seven though FIM hasn’t recognized overall titles since 2004. I have been also the fastest rider overall at the I.S.D.E. 3 times and 7 times I have been also a rider of Finland’s winning team. My ambition for this sport has been completely satisfied and I feel like it’s time for me to move on and see what else the world has to offer than racing! Finally, I want to thank all the people who have supported me throughout my racing career and all the riders I have been battling with!

Mika Ahola
    Fat Tire Flyer likes this.
  2. Arctra Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wow. Good on him, but I will miss his presence on the tour I reckon. He has always been one of the most level headed and nice characters on the tour. Good luck to him in the future.