1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st MIKUNI TMXX

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by huskybear, Apr 24, 2012.

1. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    Hello every-one, I have posted this in the "jetting chat" thread but have not had any responses yet so I thought I would ask about it here. Does any-body know what effect removing the pilot jet air passage screen would have? Why is it there? It is the little screen at the bottom of the carb. on the air inlet side. I would think that having the screen in place would disrupt the air to the pilot jet and there might be a benefit to removing it:thinking:. Any thoughts on this? Thanks :cheers:!
  2. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    You do not remove it.
  3. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    What is the reason for it?
  4. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Have you ever road for a while, dumped your bike couple times, or maybe put lil too much oil on filter?

If you look down in there, sometime, you can see a little bit of oily syrup in that area. It will be drawn back thru engine. If you would have piece of dirt down there, the screen keeps it from being sucked in. Every time I do my filter, I reach down to the back of carb and clean that area. I have seen guys put filters on that hd so much oil on them that it would run and that back part of carb was like a sticky grease.
  5. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I have seen air filter oil residue in that area on my other bikes but it usually isn't excessive and I always clean that area when I service my air filters but I will leave the screen in place,thanks for the reply dartyppyt:thumbsup:.