mini's in canada????

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by WHITEROCKET5.9, May 15, 2011.

1. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

2. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

maybe they are just tryin to help me not spend money [IMG]
  3. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    ...hmmm,I was wondering if I could cross the border and pick up one also? I would love to get one of them mini motards,too!
    [IMG]Guscycle
  4. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

thats what i think were goin to have to do with this ridiculous lead ban....probably just goin to have to have my buddy put one under his name and haul it on back if they release the 65's up there
  5. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    I've never driven out of the country...I wonder if there are any restrictions or duties or taxes or whatever when trying to obtain these bikes to bring into the US? When I get a chance maybe I should contact a dealer that is in Canada that is also here on C/H.

[IMG]Guscycle
  6. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

oh im sure theres some red tape of some sort... who knows maybe its easier than i think. all i know is itd be alot easier on me if the jsut sent a cpl to Halls rite here in the midwest though[IMG]
  7. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

We get the 50s at the end of June and the 65s in the fall. I will be attending the MI, PA and OH National Enduros and could probably find room in my trailer if you get the drift..... Nudge, nudge, wink, wink....
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  8. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

do they have a ballpark figure on the 65's yet?
  9. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Pricing will be announced after the Distributor Meeting in June. My guess is that they will be priced $300 less than the comparable KTM.
  10. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

rite on, thanks for the info[IMG]
  11. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I hope they get this right. If they had these bikes a long time ago and used their brain there would not be BMWVarnas in existence. And Ktm would not have such a strong presence. Sorry but this is the truth. These bikes SHOULD be here NOW and available. Awesome if they get it done!!
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  12. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

the story i got( i might have posted this already, sorry) is that they need to cover each bike with 750,000 worth of liability is one of the reasons why they arent here.
  13. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I heard a similar story about product liability.
  14. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

cant really be pissed at husky...our politicians are idiots, nothing important happening in the world or anything well mess with youth dirtbikes and major league baseball becuase that what the american people want???? :excuseme: not anyone that ive talked to
  15. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think although I myself do not like BMW being involved with Husqvarna, it is a good thing and I think we will see the mini's and hec I might buy a 65 for myself!! The fact they are not here is still Husqvarna's fault in my book. Years ago they should have thought about all this. The fact is you can have a good product (ex sega saturn and their handheld unit both ahead of their time) and without PROPER marketing and distribution and advertising it may never catch on or be understood. I believe they are trying though. And the fact that District 23 is included in their contingency program is great!! ( I will run Vet A instead of Senior A since they choose to pay less payout for us old guys!) Can't wait to see those Mini's !![IMG]