Mock Enduro

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Rattletrap, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Rattletrap Husqvarna
    AA Class

One of the guys in our "Bama Rides" group put on a mock enduro to see how it would go over. We had about 18-20 show up. He had a loop of about 70 miles set up with roll charts or laminated route sheets. I didn't have a roll chart holder, so went with the cards.(I understand now how much better the chart holder would have been.) We left from one side of the clearing and ended coming in from the other. It was all on the honor system, no check points, only approximate times and he didn't give us the "0" time, he said" just run hard". We left in 5 minute intervals and Postmaster (the guy putting it on) running sweep. The winner got a set of tickets to the Barber Motorcycle Museum. We had a great time and cooked out afterward. This is my video of fumbling around.

http://youtu.be/Fm-uFQj2Gjg
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Nice video and it was good to see some trees with leaves that turn brown and fall off.... Makes me think it is hunting season...

You did alot of riding on your own it appeared without alot of trail signs to show you the way...
  3. Rattletrap Husqvarna
    AA Class

It is hunting season. Lots of hunters were out. It was a nice day 66 deg and mostly sunny. He didn't want to put up any signs as it's a National Forest.