Monday night lights Milestone MX Monday July 27

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by HuskyT, Jul 23, 2009.

1. HuskyT Moderator

Riding Milestone MX with two Husky's Monday July 27 6 to 9:30 p.m.

my 2005 TC450

and a buddy with a brand new TC250

and a buddy on a CRF450R

Come out and enjoy the 108 degree heat !!! It is a lot cooler in the evening

T
  2. HuskyT Moderator

Started on the vet track where they have added a new set of 6 whoops section. Moved over and rode the Intermediate track most of the night. Great track! Great grooming! lots of Nice doable sets of small to mid size doubles and several step ups and step downs.... perfect practice night... about 6 - 10 bikes on the track at any given time.

One of the guys I was riding with cased a double and went down hard. Rung his bell pretty good. I was about 30 yards behind him. Knocked him clean out. HJC helmet. Was out for about 15 to 20 seconds laying in the middle of the track doing a perfect snow angel. I immediatley sent a kid on an KX85 to get the track medic and had another adult guy stop the limited traffic. He came to rolling his eyes from the back to the front as I checked to make sure he had a pulse and was breathing. Talk about pucker factor Checked out his body while maintaining c-spine and making sure nothing was broken and he had feeling in all the limbs. Kept him down until the track medic arrived.

Wierd how you can see someone and just know that they are completly unconscious just from the way they are laying there.
    Called it a night due to the now bad Karma. Trip to Corona Regional ER and a CT scan just to be safe. All is well and he is ready to go again!

T
  3. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    Oh boy Tim..I know that feeling exactly what you speak of....I hate seeing someone go "lights out"...a bad get off is one thing..... but sometimes they never see it coming.....lack of confidence on a double.. will do it everytime......

good to hear he's ok
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Was in a grand prix a few years back and came over the top of a top gear hill on a really long straight. There was a bike lying in the middle of the track with a guy stretched out underneath it. As I went by, I could see right through his goggles that he was staring off into space. Plenty of spectators were on the run to get to him. I still can't figure out how he managed to crash right there, unless somebody clipped him.:excuseme:
  5. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    Last year I had a guy pass me on the straight on a CRF...and left me for dust....as I arrived at the end of the "they call it the 140 footer" table..he was on the other side....belly up with baked beans in his face...kinda moving ....but not really....:D

I chatted with the paramedics after and they said...."its not uncommon for someone to void thier stomach contents after being concussed after having a hard hit"

he was ok....but very dizzy

also its a good idea..as Tim mentions get someone else to run for the ambulance.....and stay with the person......you want to make sure nobody tries to take off his helmet(unless he can himself)..thinking they are helping him out
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    They can void other ways too. I was riding with a guy who crashed quite hard and got knocked out cold and when he came to, he was quite displeased to find that he had widdled his shorts.:doh:

And to make matters worse, his two riding buddies helped him over to the side of the trail and sat down with him....right in a patch of poison oak.:doh::doh: