More hp from 630

Discussion in '610/630' started by ceevu, Sep 2, 2024.

1. ceevu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 610/630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Elefant, husaberg fe501
    Does hi perf cams exist for 630? I was totally satisfied my te s power, until this summer it broke down (cam bearing) and i drove 1.5 month and 7t km my 1000ds multistrada. Its totally unfair to compare 600cc single and 1l twin,but this feels so gutless in upper rpm now. I didnt measure swm cam that replaced broken cam and original cam,just presumed they are same,maybe not.
    It has gutted exhaust,opened airbox etc normal mods. It does not want to start cold as good as it did before,but after its gotten some temp,starts just fine. Weird too. temps have gotten colder in meantime,might be related and ecu needs to compensate...
    This bike has never started good in cold,like +5c and colder. I drive in winter too,but it has always been very difficult to get it started. Voltage is not problem,ecu and its programming more likely.
    Could try to give more fuel,but it feels like it has moped cams,not hi perf motorcycle...Yes,tractor in low rpm,but...

Not actually believing to find anything,but you never know...
  2. willie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Have never heard of performance cams available for the 630. I guess due to the limited production. You can try lighter viscosity oil to help with the cold starting. i use mine in cold weather and always used 5w40 to help it spin over faster when cold.
  3. ceevu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 610/630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Elefant, husaberg fe501
    I have read some supermoto 630 that was more powerful, but dont know if it was single or dual cam version. Parts for that might be nonexistent anyway...
    That hard to start has cured. It standed without battery few months,i guess ecu lost calibrations and it re learned itself.
    I bet it wont want to start when it gets minus degrees again(usually it spins and tries,but wont start as it should. You will get it running with long start and many attempts but unnecessary strain to start and battery),then its time to get older carb version back to use. No more power,but in snow its not so bad.
    I guess i need to convert to orange if need for power keeps bothering.
    Btw,i have once overheated oil in deep snow (in 610),and will never again use anything else than 60w hot end...