More Moto3 / Husky info...

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  2. HuskyBrutha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    690 R, 500 EXC, XR250
    SP sure has an understanding of business, branding and marketing and how to fit the 3 together.
    As such he has the potential to do more for Husqvarna than BMW or Cagiva ever did.
    Time will tell.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Depends on your perspective. I ride huskys cuz I love the way they handle, love the durable 125 motor and love the x-light platform. SP made all that disappear overnight and presented us with a white KTM we could have already been riding for years. Financially husky is in a much better place. Product wise I feel they stepped backwards and took away what was attractive about husky to me. IMHO.
  4. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    That was going to happen anyways. If SP didn't buy Husky, I don't think BMW would have continued the brand.

I also think it's funny how everybody thought it was the end of the REAL Husky when BMW bought them. Nobody wanted a BMW powered 449 with the weird counter sprocket and rear fuel tank when they were first announced. Now everbody is so nostalgic over BMW/Husky
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Actually I think most are nostalgic over the Cagiva inspired bikes like the x-lights and 125. Thats said I like my 511 a lot too. BMW was continuing the brand. The 125 and x-lights were still there and evolving some. I am FAR from a BMW lover but they did not buy the brand and remove 100% of what was there and replace it with G650's and 450x's in a different color, they added vastly upgraded versions of those (TR650 / 449-511) and continued to develope the x-lights with all new motors and efi. They also were expanding the brand into the street side of things with the Nuda like KTM did (expanded into the street and quad market). I liked the direction BMW was going over what KTM did and remove everything that was there before.
  6. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    Yes, I see your point. I still have hope that goods things can come of this. ktm has some good technolgy too. I was seriously looking at Husabergs. Now maybe I'll wait another year to see what the tinkerers at Husky come up with. Ever though the moto3 engine is just a rebadged ktm, those motors are kicking ass. it can only help development of the motor.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

KTM is a great company with most the top racers. They are good from a financial stability standpoint for sure. They just changed the direction of the husky line overnight and thats that I guess. Its a toy, I'm not loosing sleep over it, life goes on. Hell I ride a 04 most of the time :D