More PNW trail footage

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Blakelpd5, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Here is my trying to keep up with Kelly (Motosportz)... He is riding with Walt's new 165 kit. This was my first trail ride out with the new cam. Needs angled up a bit I know. Hoping to find out how to get better quality uploaded, since it looks HD prior to uploading.

First trail is Thin Wolf, second is Mongo's Canyon

jmetteer and Kevin_TE250 like this.
  2. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    I also have to give a BIG thank you to Tim Troeffer, and Kelly from Motosportz.... I thought I had the jetting pretty well dialed in on the 125. Kelly rode it and said, no-no-no.... This thing has a bog in the middle. Between Kelly wrenchin, and Tim's selections of jets, needles, and extra screws, the bike is running the best it has since I bought it.... The power is much smoother, and I'm not waiting around for the power valve to open anymore...
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Nice video and the quality looked fine to me ...

Camera angle allowed seeing the bike being handled also ... Looked like you pretty much sit in one place on the bike when riding...
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Blake, get a smug mug account (inexpensive) and upload full rez vids there. Thanks for posting. :lol: I forgot I jumped off at the end of thin Wolf and acted like I had been waiting there. Fun stuff.
    Blakelpd5 likes this.
  5. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Great Vid ! NO problem with the angle or the quality. Thanks for posting... made me jones to go riding.... :thumbsup:
  6. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Funny you say that. I was just talking to Kelly about that. For the past few months, I have been trying to stand more. Then towards the end of the day, when I was worn out, I would find myself getting lazy and sitting, but making better time on the trail. There are several areas that other riders will stand, that I am more comfortable, and faster sitting. Instead of focusing on standing all the time, I just told myself to do what feels right to me at the time, and not concentrate on what other people are doing.
    jmetteer likes this.
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Standing as needed is one aspect of riding ... I'm usually up on the pegs to get my butt some relief from the seat, uphills, or just to get a better view :) ... Moving from front to rear on the seat is another aspect ... Sometimes I find getting up on the tank very high is helpful to carry speed through corners ... Sometimes my a$$ is hanging out back ... Sometimes I'm sittiing and not moving much and just twisting the throttle ...

That last rocky uphill climb looked very cool ...
  8. jfoulkrod Husqvarna
    AA Class

Really good video. Trails look pretty technical, however, you guys were hauling the mail. Thanks for posting.
    Blakelpd5 likes this.
  9. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Nice stuff. That bike fairly screams along. Isn't it supposed to be 10 feet under snow by now?