MOSS / HST readings on air and fuel?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Timberline, May 19, 2015.

1. Timberline Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    I took my new-to-me TE630 to a local Husky dealer for some diagnostic issues with starting; turns out it was old fuel - my bad. :o Anyway the tech said it had one old fault code that had been cleared. I asked if he's using ibeat and he said they use MOSS and HST which I read a little about elsewhere here on CafeHusky.

He said he's showing no new updates for the ECU and said if he reflashed it, then it would just return to it's current state settings. When I asked if the air/fuel had been adjusted for the Leo Vince pipe and EHS airbox mod he said he didn't think HST would tell him that info, but that the ECU should adjust for it automatically. He did say that these are way too lean stock but that the ECU should should "learn" that it's getting more air in/out and up the fuel mixture accordingly.

This sounds odd to me after reading so much (which is new to me) about tweaking with ibeat / JD tuner / PowerCommander.

Is the lack of fuel/air mix reporting a known limitation of the HST / MOSS software?
  2. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    HST should act just like I beat and adjust.Only the Kehin injected models you cant dink with except reflashes.
  3. Timberline Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Thanks Bill.

Since mine is Mikuni injected, that leaves me to wonder if they just don't know how. /rhetorical