1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Moto on WB165

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Minidad, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Minidad Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 tc250
    I want to hear from someone who rides and races a WB165 in motocross. I am 56 and do not ride in the mountains (we live in Vegas) and maybe 2 times a year ride a desert GP race. We (my son and I) are at a moto track almost every weekend since I have purchased a used 2008 cr125; it has brought back the fun for me. I have been riding a TC 250 for the last five to six years and I was not having fun so I parked it about a year and a half ago.

Back to the question who here rides and races (motocross) a WB165 I want to know how it works for moto, I am not sure if I want to go with a modified 125(pipe or what ever it takes to make it pull harder down low) or make it a 144 or the 165, I love the way the 125 runs I just need more pull from low rpm to the mid rpm range.
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well I don't race MX but I do play at it almost every weekend. I got my 08 CR 125 new as a "play" bike and it's ended up being my all time favorite and has put many other bikes I've had since on CL. I also have a 2010 TC 250 and ride that on the MX track but not very often. My 125 grew into a HC 144 which was very good and IMO a better MX bike than the stock 125. Now my little Husky is a WB165 with 200 KTM fatty and a SmartCarb. To me it's perfect for the MX track or anything else now. It revs very fast, pulls like crazy out of the turns, and has the Tq. to make the jumps that come up after a tight turn. Just twist and it's off. I love the low - mid range power and the top end rush is still there. I'm 53 and 200 lbs and this combo gets it done with out trying to kill me like my 2005 RM250 :eek:!
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Oh ....BTW IMHO if you want more pull low-mid skip the 144 and get the WB165. Not knocking the 144's but the 165 is just more everywhere without going overboard.
  4. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    for moto get the WB 165 and the FMF pipe

I ve exsperianced some wheel spin in corners on tarmack with the WB 165 (but on nobies and the right position bodyweight wise) might be a bit harder to achive with the slicks

but a mis shift is not diving down just open up the throtle quicker and your fine

Robert-Jan