Motocross Action - WR300 Kearney Replica

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Valhalla, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Valhalla Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 300
    Motocross Action Magazine has a great article on how to build a
    GNCC stlye or MX worthy WR300. Most of the mods are through
    Pro Circuit (head mods/pipe & silencer) and really, all the additional mods including suspension and even a Keihin PWK carb could be had for under $1500.00. Not too bad considering some of the deals on 2009/2010 WR's
    offer up to $1000 bucks off. The money saved could be applied to a kit like this to build a fire breathing WR300 like Glenn's!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The article is in the current April issue of MXA.....

Valhalla
    2009WR300
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    It's hard to believe MXA would even look at a WR. I'll have to check it out. I haven't bought a MXA in years, but I might have to for this.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  4. HuskyMax Husqvarna
    AA Class

10 more horsepower.:eek:
  5. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I picked it up a few hours ago and read the article a few times. It's interesting, but rather veg, as I remember MXA to be.
  6. Valhalla Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 300
    Yeah I was surprised too. I get Dirt Bike Mag. and they have been sending me free issues of MXA......3 of them now.

Interesting article.......I would have been just as surprised to see Dirt Bike or Dirt Rider run a similar article. Hopefully now that Husky is making a comeback, they will give the bikes more coverage other than just the new bike tests.
  7. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    its a good article...Mitch Payton himself actually ported it just for them

MXA says also Husky is on the up and up.....

I think its crucial to get support and exposure....this coverage is welcome..particularly as MXA is known to be a fussy bunch.....
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
  9. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

What do you guys think the poweroutput is standard when jetted correctly? 10 more would be nice for the iceracing:applause:!
  10. Beefeaters up Husqvarna
    B Class

Change stock to WHAT ignition?
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    its a good article...Mitch Payton himself actually ported it just for them

i have trouble believing that part
  12. Valhalla Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 300
    Any publicity along these lines is good. Husky needs to be more agressive in getting this kind of performance built into their bikes from the git-go. KTM's number one selling bike is the the 300XC, not one of the thumpers. The 2 stroke 300 is still the weapon of choice for the hard core off roader. Husqvarna needs to get a piece of that pie. F'rinstance.....the 2010 now as KYB forks on it but they are leftover 04 YZ units. How does that happen? Why couldn't it have more up to date suspenders. With BMW's support they need to get agressive now and get MX bikes included in every magazine shootout, start having a presence on local MX tracks and increase their off road Hare Scrambles,Enduro and GNCC efforts.
    I have owned and raced numerous KDX/KX's and KTM's and when I saw
    the new Husky's last year I squealed and giggled like a little school girl and literally bought my WR300 over the phone the next day. It was easy to do knowing BMW was pumping in the needed resources, and with the Husky heritage, I jumped. Always wanted a Husky....and now I have one. Still have not purchased the Pro Circuit Platinum2 pipe yet but may remedy that very soon.:thumbsup:
  13. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Used the ignition from the last year availible ('04?) Husky CR250 MX bike.
  14. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, 2012 TXC 310, 2013 TXC3
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GS1200, Zero S, Zero DS, Zero FX
    Believe it Roberto! Mitch was fully involved in the project. Remember he started his business career as a Husqvarna dealer and has a soft place in his heart for the brand. Also, contrary to popular belief MXA really wants to see Husqvarna succeed. They requested that we do this project with them and we eagerly complied.

They are now starting a test on a modified TC250 that we believe will turn out very nice. Stay tuned for details.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    too cool. :thumbsup: Thanks for the info.
  16. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Many folks seem to forget from time to time the sweet spot still in the heart of guys like mitch (had a husky dealership in the day).
    Just saw this when I was at the alligator enduro and got Alan Randt to sign a awsome promo poster of 1982 WR 250 as I walked through Knight, lafferty, Bobbit and the like and showed little or no interest in any of their wares.

OLD SCHOOL RULES!
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gotta believe ! Nice thanks for word and clarification sometimes its great to incorrect!!
    and yes I do know that Mitch P and the original PC was a Husky hop up shop. Great news about that PC project.That was one one of my first comments after some of the "bike is slow" comments from the test mags. Its a machine like any other just give it to one of the the great hot rod houses like PC and let them loose on the TC250, they will end up with a MX Lites bike that is completely competitive with all the other brands, but with more soul and style!!!

as Joe said and for others Al Randt certainly still has the brand love, he is actively and rapidly incorporating Husky stuff into his EE catalog and has that brilliant 310 project bike. And my respect level was raised also when he personally took the time (emails) to help me choose the correct tires (I am a Michelin man as he is) for the 2008 Wickenburg Nat enduro in AZ and seemed happy to know that at least one Husky would be there, even if I was just a hobby rider among the riders. Our sport/hobby is the best for this sort of brotherly knowledge sharing and lack of primadonnas (for the most part)
    Cant wait for the PC project TC250, the chassis all ready scored very marks in OEM form. with chassis tweaks and pro motor the thing should be a pro level MX monster!
  18. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Probably need the FW also as it is probably lighter ... 02 was the last year CRs were imported to the usa ...

Guys who had the CRs in 02 and before would tame the CRs for woods riding by going to the WR ignition and FW ... In this case, the reverse needs to applied ...

These are very good engines that apparently will go to the far side as all engines finally do with the due out updated engines for 011 \ 012 :(
  19. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I think there might be a lot more support for Huskies out there just waiting .... :c)
  20. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes there are.